Comp XE270HR vs. FMS B303 cams.

90mustangGT

I felt sorry for girls because
Founding Member
Jan 15, 2002
Dallas, GA
I have the B cam on 1.7's advanced 2* now. 224/224 .510/.510 112LSA. I want better low end tq as well as drivability but dont' want to sacrifice any power, if that's possible. I was looking at Comp Cams XE270HR. 218/224 at .544/.544 on 1.7's.

Would this be a better cam without loosing power top end?

Any experience with this cam???

Should I just go custom and forget about the rest?
- Would custom be worth the extra money?

• Sponsors (?)

I honestly cannot tell you whether that is a better cam or not, but that is the cam I have for my combo. I have the xe270hr-12, 1.7's to go with it(hope it fits), stock heads I am in the process of porting, and I will be getting an explorer intake. I don't really have any experience with either, but from what many people tell me, the 270 has a lot more bottom end than the b cam. The website says the powerband is from I believe 1800-5800 or something. I am not sure how much low end it gave you when you advanced it the 2 degrees.

Is it worth it? I would say that is all up to you. I got my cam from a member on here, for the low price of only 75 bucks. I don't know if I would want to spend the 250 or whatever it is from Summit. I know Comp's website is selling them for something like 325. That's crazy in my opinion. You might as well save up for a custom cam for that much money. So basically it would totally be up to how much you want to spend. If I were you, I would look for a used one in good condition for cheap, but I still don't know how much you will gain from it.

Sorry I am not that much help, but I tried(with the little to no experience I have with it).