Compatibility Help!

Jim Shorts

May 8, 2017
Hey guys, new here and need help with something. I have a 2002 mustang v6 with a broken lower intake manifold. I pulled another one from the junkyard off of a '00 mustang and its almost an exact match, except this one doesn't have air valves/flaps (not sure exactly what they're called) that open and close inside of the intake manifold itself (circled in the pic provided.) Is this going to be a problem for me? Is a '00 lower intake manifold compatible with an '02?

Pic shows the old manifold. Circled in red are the holes that contain the valves/flaps I mentioned earlier. Circled in yellow shows a tube coming from the back of the manifold, and on the new manifold that same tube is only about as long as the yellow circle is in the pic (about half as long or a little less) than the original. Will this be an issue?

I could not find any info on my question anywhere else so I hope to find it on here!

Thanks a lot guys!

Attachments

• Capture+_2017-05-08-21-55-55.png
    Capture+_2017-05-08-21-55-55.png
    873.8 KB · Views: 72
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks. Would I be better off getting the manifold from an 01 or 03? Unfortunately the junkyard does not have an 02 I can pull from. If it'll work with what I already got that would be great. And if it does, does that make the intake actuator irrelevant?

Thanks!

Try this. Go to car-part.com which is a searchable list of salvage yards in your area. Enter the part that you are interested in. Sort by distance. Here's the really good part. The site performs the model year interchange information for you. Just look at the model years of the possible "donor" vehicles.