Brakes Complete Disassembly/Reassembly Of Rear Calipers (w/ Integrated Parking Brake)...

I cut square sides on the shoulder I removed and used an open end wrench to compress the spring. Initially the "compressing tool" would twist back out unless I held it with the wrench or by putting pressure on top if it with my finger...then i found that if I really snugged up the tool, it would stay put!

• Sponsors (?)

I cut square sides on the shoulder I removed and used an open end wrench to compress the spring. Initially the "compressing tool" would twist back out unless I held it with the wrench or by putting pressure on top if it with my finger...then i found that if I really snugged up the tool, it would stay put!

I just had my calipers coated comp orange. What is the best way to install the new parking brake lever seals? I can't get them all the way in to where they are recessed. I lubed them with dielectric grease but no luck. Any tips?

Wow ! Great write up. This needs to be a sticky. Soon I will be helping do this on a '95 GT. And thumbs up on the creative approach to the different technical situations that you were posed with. Zip tie, twisted wire etc. Compressing and holding some of these spring parts can be a challenge.