Complete Mustang GT Audio/Video/Navi System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tungsten06GT

Feb 18, 2008
What's included: Kenwood DNX7100 Touch Screen Head unit (navigation, iPod hookup, plays DVD's, Bluetooth ready), Custom JL Audio Stealthbox (13 in. W6v2), MTX Thunder 7801 amplifier (800 watt peak), plus 1 Farad capacitor inside custom amp rack. I will also include the wiring harness, head unit dash converter, circuit breaker, and all wiring that's currently being used to power the amp. I would basically be taking EVERYTHING out of my car so you could drop it in and hook up with all that is included.

Why I'm selling: I've had the setup for about a year and half now and have decided I'm not as interested in the audio aspect of the vehicle as I used to be. I properly tuned my amplifier with a voltage meter, so I knew I was driving the sub at approximately 600 watts peak, but I never abused the sub by any means. I've kept very good care of the equipment so it looks near new condition.

How much: Considering I paid just over $3,000 new for everything, I'm trying to get $2,000 out of the package. I feel it's a good deal considering the custom amp rack and the fact that I'm including all odds and ends for the system.

I live near Pittsburgh, so if you're local, it may be easier for exchanging. I can also help install if you're interested. I've had this system in my Mustang GT, originally with the Shaker 500 system. And with the addition of the sub and the higher powered head unit, it can definitely rock the car. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks, Matt

Also, it's only letting me upload 2 files, so if you want more pictures, let me know!

Attachments

• DSC00917.jpg
    DSC00917.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 226
  • DSC00914.jpg
    DSC00914.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 218
  • Sponsors (?)

I'm sorry if my post is confusing above, but to properly spec out my amp and sub, it's an 800 watt rms amp @ 2ohms (1200 watt rms at 1 ohm). The JL 13w6v2 has dual 4 ohm voice coils, so wiring the coils in parallel I'm getting a 2 ohm load to my amplifier. Like I said, from tuning I kept the wattage at about 600 watts (and that's what the amp puts out if you crank the volume up all the way - which I rarely did). 600 watts was what JL showed as the max you should use, but with controlling the gain properly I was sure I never got there (even though the thing pounds like crazy).

Also, here's 2 extra pics..

Attachments

• DSC00915.jpg
    DSC00915.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 189
  • DSC00916.jpg
    DSC00916.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 226
Status
Not open for further replies.