Computer parts help needed..

RIO5.0

15 Year Member
Feb 16, 2001
N.H.
This fan is howling like crazy....like a bad gear set-up.... :D

What kinda fan is this, specific name??? How much to buy it and is it something that would be in stock? looks pretty basic..read cheap I hope..

Thanks..

Holy chit on the size...running a new program on the digi.... :nonono:

• Sponsors (?)

that doesn't look important, just looks like a case fan(cant tell unless i see other angles), was this fan bolted to the case? unless your system temps are extremely hot u dont even need these, but it is nice to keep system and cpu temps down

www.newegg.com should have replacements, id just buy a whole new fan,theyre cheap and neweggs shipping is 2nd to none :) u just needa know what size it is probably 80mm, if not that then 90mm or 120mm, measure it, then just search for fan and maybe size on the site

igotyofire said:
that doesn't look important, just looks like a case fan(cant tell unless i see other angles), was this fan bolted to the case? unless your system temps are extremely hot u dont even need these, but it is nice to keep system and cpu temps down

www.newegg.com should have replacements, id just buy a whole new fan,theyre cheap and neweggs shipping is 2nd to none :) u just needa know what size it is probably 80mm, if not that then 90mm or 120mm, measure it, then just search for fan and maybe size on the site

It just snaps into 4 slots on the back of the tower, its about 4" sq and plastic...I was gonna drop buy a local repair guy tomorrow and pick one up if he's reasonable price wise...
Thanks...

RIO5.0 said:
It just snaps into 4 slots on the back of the tower, its about 4" sq and plastic...I was gonna drop buy a local repair guy tomorrow and pick one up if he's reasonable price wise...
Thanks...

Back of the tower. Is the power supply right behind it? If it is, you need to replace it soon. Don't use the comp if it won't spin.

You don't want to fry your PS.

Unless that is a case fan, which in that case it's not necessary. Just open the access panel for the comp and leave it open until you get a new fan.
Scott

Looks like a standard case fan. The white plastic housing should open up, then just take the fan to a local electronics store(Radio Shack, Circuit City, etc.) and match it up. My guess it it's an 80mm fan, and they usually cost around $10 give or take.

If you have any other case fans you're fine. Unless your running some top of the line ****...it shouldn't get hot. I'm running an Athlon 64 3400+ and a geforce 6800gt and i'm running fine temps with one case fan. Replace it if you want but it isn't needed.
Or get watercooled :)

Looks like a run of the mill 120mm case fan. Just run to just about any electronics store for one. You'll spend less than $15 for a really nice one. That white plastic is just a baffle piece, it should snap right off.

RIO5.0 said:
This fan is howling like crazy....like a bad gear set-up.... :D

What kinda fan is this, specific name??? How much to buy it and is it something that would be in stock? looks pretty basic..read cheap I hope..

Thanks..

Edit...BTW...the guy just popped in in the case right at the store...should it blow in or out??? It was blowing out before...now its blowing in??? Its blowing on the PS?? which has a fan blowing on the other side of it anyway...Does it make a difference on direction??

If you have a fan in the front or the side sucking in and then you should have one blowing outwards in the back so you get airflow. If its just one fan I think it blows inward.

Ya I have one on the processor blowing right into it, a little dual fan jobby...that mother broke 3 yrs ago and cost a few dinero to fix it.......I would think this one should be blowing heat outta the case...I would assume these are reversible??