Computer Program Suggestions.

I have been away for quite awhile as my car has been in the body shop (new floors, doors and 1/4) It is now time to decide on a color and I'm all over the place. Is anyone aware of a computer program I can use to actually see the color on my car? I cant seem to envision it in my head. It was Canary yellow and while I am thinking that would be a cool period correct color....Then I see the new greys and think that would look awesome with the color. Anyway, if you guys are aware of a program let me know.

• Sponsors (?)

If you want to see yellow on a mustang, you can find one on the web, or someone can suggest a simple program like paint shop pro or something you can load a picture and change the colors, but, if you want to see a specific yellow accurately on a computer monitor, it's not easy, or cheap. Is there any way you can find real cars in the real world to make a color selection? Your expectations might be more closely met in the final results.

You'll find stuff that will do the job, but I don't think the accuracy will be there, accurate colors on computers is expensive, complicated and time consuming. For a general look and feel, maybe you'll be fine, but for getting a sense of the real color, it might prove fleeting.

My other suggestion would be magazine's. Lot's of work goes into accurately rendering magazine photos in most publications

PhotoShop will allow you to enter paint codes so that you see the actual colors, you will have to know how to use the program, it isn't just copy paste. See if there is any one around town that knows how to use it...copy shops, printers, etc..

I might be too picky for what the original poster is after, but unless the monitor is calibrated, and color spaces are set up correctly, the results are more likely to be very inaccurate than accurate. Consider all the yellows, or all the reds used on cars, 100's. If you want to see a yellow car on the screen, no problem, if you want to see your yellow, it's not a straightforward task.