Computer swap (94SVT-89GT?)

fords2fast4u

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2000
Mission Viejo, CA
So I have this 94 cobra, and it has a cam in it that is way to big. Now, i am leaving for NJ in two weeks (they sent me home early from Afghanistan to go to West Point Prep School) and I don't think that I have the time to swap the cam for a milder one. The main problem of the car is that it runs rich as crap, so a new 76mm C&L is on the way, but i dont think this will solve my problem, so i wanted to put in an older computer... one that can adjust better to the mods done to the car. what all do i need to do this? i mean, is it just as simple as chaning the boxes or is there a harness i need or something>?

• Sponsors (?)

Amen to what SN95StangMan said. :nice:

While an A9L adjusts to mods better, if your cam is *way* out there, that might not even help... you might want to look at getting your Cobra comp reflashed to a custom program, or getting a chip burned for your setup.

That being said, AFAIK the EEC-IV boxes and harnesses are the same, just different programs being run between the A9L and your Cobra comp.

God Bless both of you for serving this country :nice: :flag:

...but on to the car...im not a huge fan of swapping down to the A9L....the 95-95 ecu's are picky, and more difficult to work with, but in all seriousness are the better computer....they are more advanced than the A9L its just most people dont want to learn our processor so they go with the well tested A9L....id think about a tweecer like said above...

Anthony

Johnson!!! I've sent you an email..

i went by a place today, where i know a few A9L's are hangin out, but no one was there, maybe this afternoon.

Ive heard about this tweecer for what seems like ages now. Where can I get one (I don't have alot of time before i have to leave again) And how much do they cost?

thanks