Computor chips?

• Sponsors (?)

I personally don't know what they hype is about with the chips...I don't see how they can work on our 5.0's...nothing that an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and a timing light can't fix...so why spend $400+ one...at least that's what I got quoated from Diablo...I know that GroverDill has one and pick up like 30HP...I don't know how in the hell he did that...But I guess some basic tuning will net the same gains...

Highbredcloud said:
I know that GroverDill has one and pick up like 30HP...I don't know how in the hell he did that...But I guess some basic tuning will net the same gains...

He probably got a dyno tune. I think people also use chips in applications where really big injectors are needed, and don't have a mass air meter that can support them.

BlackFox5.0 said:
He probably got a dyno tune. I think people also use chips in applications where really big injectors are needed, and don't have a mass air meter that can support them.

No...I know he's got a chip...I think he had it burnt while on the dyno...Anyways that's the way to do it right then and there...Otherewise some basic tuning is all that is needed...

when going with very aggressive cam profiles with EFI, most people will install a chip to better take advantage of the cams added duration & lift with new more aggressive fuel maps over factory settings.
true, most aftermarket cams will work with factory computer but factory fuel curves were never intended to work with anything other then the factory cam.