Congress to Ford: drop the 2010 Mustang, get cash

• Sponsors (?)

One of the things someone like this editorial writer should also consider in these economic times, is all the aftermarket manufacturers who would also be affected by losing one of the most popular cars on the aftermarket. You (reader) and I know how much we put into our Mustangs. It's amazing! In the current ecomonic state, canceling a car like the Mustang would have ripple effects beyond just Ford. That also needs to be taken into account.

For the V-8 to survive, Ford has to produce a V-6 that gets better gas mileage. The V-6 has been what's kept the Mustang alive all of these years. Ford sells more of them and that success is why the V-8 is still offered. Chevy didn't focus on its V-6 Camaros back in the day and that's what killed them the first time around.
It is true that my Mustang GT gets better mileage than many of Ford's other vehicles. That means Ford has a problem. It has to build vehicles that get better mileage. Ford has to listen.

You mean like the twin turbo direct injection v-6 that they're working on? :)

I expect nothing less from the Cub loving (its a St. Louis thing) chitown press...or the press at all.

my comment...mind you I have NEVER left a comment to a "news" article ever.
"Are you retarded? Dumb commentary with no friggin idea what is going on and your writing things for people to be informed about...to think much less act as in informed source on the subject that the Mustang is the poster child for what is wrong with Ford is just wrong. If your going to be unbiased about the subject and look at things that need to be done look somewhere else. There is good reason Ford is bringing the euro. models over they are held in high regard as quality small cars. Guess since its a great solution you don't want to hear about it so you can focus on the evil Mustang. "

While reading about the 2010 GT 500 Ford still has 29.4 Billion dollars of usable money to invest in the companies future projects. My internet is so slow other wise I would attach a link, they are in far better shape out of the Big Three.

I have always felt the problem isn't the vehicle is the fuel, and its clearly evident here and abroad that demand for these type of vehicles has far from declined. I was hoping for direct injection 5.0/6.2 400hp plus motor with the 2010. Which is conducive to running gaseous hydrogen. Though still plan to run my 90 turbo Notch on gaseous Hydrogen once I return from Iraq. Nothing like having a 550hp car that burns water vapor to stick it to the prius turds.