Fox Considering A 5.0 Foxbody

It's safe to assume it's 158k miles. The way I see it is most of these foxes suspension, engine and trans have been overhauled anyway so it's just miles on the body. If this car has been in Cali and lived away from the beach then 158k in Cali is better than any 58k car in the rust belt.

I think the Odometer in my car says 108k on it, who know if somebody didn't roll that back or replace it with one from another car. All I know is I have mostly new parts on my car and that will make it like a low mileage car that's been garaged. I plan on driving my car and not worrying about stacking up numbers on the odometer.

• Sponsors (?)

It's safe to assume it's 158k miles. The way I see it is most of these foxes suspension, engine and trans have been overhauled anyway so it's just miles on the body. If this car has been in Cali and lived away from the beach then 158k in Cali is better than any 58k car in the rust belt.

But that's the part that scares me. I cna go out and buy a new engine, suspension, trans etc pretty easy. It's the body that's hard to come by and when I look at a car to buy, that's the part of the car that I would focus on the most.

A great parts list is one thing, but if you have 10K on the rebuild but it's a 200K mile chassis...well that can be a deal breaker for me. That's why i always suggest people buy the car, and not the parts list that most people list in this adds. Very rarely do I ever see people list details about the car itself like the body mileage, interior condition etc. It's always "1988 Mustang, 10K mile on 331 rebuild and then a summit catalog of parts".

I can buy the parts pretty easy, but finding a clean, straight, accident free body would be my bigger concern