Contemplating moving on to a notch

RYC CUKR

Founding Member
May 19, 2002
Orlando
Well,

I am considering selling my 93 GT vert and moving onto an 89-93 coupe 5 speed or possibly even an auto. I am coming to the realization that I am trying to go in a direction with it that it that is gonna cost me more time and money than I really want to put into it. I am at the point where I need a roll bar and am thinking about through the floor subframe connectors to avoid tweaking the chassis and tearing the car up. Not really what I want to do.

I originally bought the car after I blew out my knee just intending it to be a nice cruiser. However I finally am at a point in my life where I have some money that I can spend on my Mustangs, unlike when I had my 91, and I started to mod the car some and then some more and I am at the point now where I can't really race it at the track cause it needs a rollbar, not that they are really strict about it but I really should have one.

I know that there are those that say once you start thinking about selling it you should just do it. And there are those that don't want to look back and wish they hadn't sold a certain car. Its kind of a catch 22.

BTW what do you guys think that I would get for a 93 GT about 150k-160k miles, new top, new headlights, LX tails, repainted titanium around the bottom, needs to have the hood repainted (the paint has cracked on the hood, not coming off but it needs a repaint), decent interior (good dash, good console, decent carpet, drivers seat is worn rest of the seats are good, sagging door pockets), mods in the sig (the nitrous will stay with me :D)

All comments are welcome, even if ya flame me.:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

booo auto. They should have made more 5 spds in my opinion, or ppl whit 5 spds should take care of them better. In my area if you find a nice stang it is an auto! Rarely is there a nice 5 spd.

End rant

Any pics? I think you can get 4-5k.

Here are some of when I bought it
vertside.jpg

Vertback.jpg

And as it is right now
93frontpas.jpg

93front.jpg

93back.jpg

Attachments

• vertside.jpg
    vertside.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Vertback.jpg
    Vertback.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 93frontpas.jpg
    93frontpas.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 93front.jpg
    93front.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 93back.jpg
    93back.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 85
grey5.0beast said:
booo auto. They should have made more 5 spds in my opinion, or ppl whit 5 spds should take care of them better. In my area if you find a nice stang it is an auto! Rarely is there a nice 5 spd.
This is usually true. I think it's because people feel that they need to beat the living **** out of 5 speed cars more. Being able to slam the gears makes it more fun to beat on em I guess. :shrug: Luckily, mine is in good condition though. :)

I seriously wouldn't own a vert....no offense to vert owners but they just don't do anything for me....if i want topless motoring i'll get a bike :shrug:

That said, i'm also not in a hurry to own a hatch again either after i've owned my coupe for so long.

88 Fox GT said:
This is usually true. I think it's because people feel that they need to beat the living **** out of 5 speed cars more. Being able to slam the gears makes it more fun to beat on em I guess. :shrug: Luckily, mine is in good condition though. :)
Mine too :D
I love my vert, I don't think I would go any other way when buying a cruising car.

I have a vert and a bike and I have a 90 hatch in the last stall of the garage. You can run the vert to 13.50 at the track without a rollbar and then to 11.50 with only a four point. I am at the point with the vert that I need the four point but nothing more. Sometime before I hit 11's I will stop playing with it and start modding the hatch, although I understand the notch thing cause of weight would be faster. This is the direction I went and I never want to be without the vert as a cruiser with some balls.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I like the car but I hardly ever put the top down and I only drive it on the weekends. That and I have a 65 Mustang convertible that will be coming back from the body shop this summer so I will still have a vert.

So I have decided to sell it and find a nice notch. I have somethings that need to be taken care of before it goes up for sale but it should be on the market in about a month.

You won't regret it, especially since you have the classic vert to make up for it. That's a vert i might want to own :nice: I think driving a latemodel coupe is the closest thing to driving a classic '65 (non fast back) Mustang that Ford has come up with yet.

I just gotta do a couple of things to it before I put it on the market.

Gonna get some trim paint and clean up and paint all the trim, replace some of the torn up weatherstripping around the windows, give it a good cleaning and make sure that it looks good under hood and inside.

I am gonna keep the nitrous kit :D so I am gonna have to pull all of the stuff out for it. Plus I have a few home projects that I have to complete before I can put it on the market and buy a notch. My wife is afraid that if I get a new car the projects won't get done. She knows me so well. :owned: