Convert stock alt to 130amp?

• Sponsors (?)

I already talked to a guy about this at an alt. shop, he said that the housing and componants weren't built to withstand that high of amperage it wouldn't be relyable, he recomended going to the 3g alt. so that what I got

I don't understand why you would want to do that when it is so easy to do a 3G swap, and there are other advantages of the 3G over the 2G besides just amp output.

A 3G is just a stock alternator for a 94-95 Mustang. I bought one at Autozone for $109 with a lifetime warranty. If you do upgrade one plug will work and you will have to cut off the other plug. On the plug that you cut off just hook up the small white wire with a black stripe to the small plug on the new alternator. The other 2 BIG wires do not use. Replace them with a single heavy gauge wire from the new alternator output to your starter solenoid. I used a 4 gauge wire to replace it.
If you trace the 2 big wires back you will see it go into 1 samll wire. :shrug: Why Ford did this I am not sure but you will want to replace it to hold the extra amperage.