Convertible 1967 Eleanor Shelby clone ?

Doc Voodoo

Founding Member
Mar 2, 2001
Conn
Not that I am a big fan of the Eleanor Fastbacks but have you seen the prices on these things. Has any one found a convertible 1967 thats some one has made into an Eleanor shelby clone. I know the movie was a fastback but you could get the same look make it a cross between that and the 1968 convertible KR 500 shelbys. I know 1967 verts are still pretty reasonable so the profit margin is HUGE.

• Sponsors (?)

none67 said:
yes, you could make a lot of money. but are you willing to kill a mustang over a couple of dollars? personaly, i know i wouldn't...

Well A 6 cylinder convertible and a junkyard V8 coup would do just fine.
Not like I want to cut up a GT or S code for it. I was just wondering if it had been done yet.

Mustangs and Fords magazine (I think) started to build one a few months ago (they called it "Elvira") and the preliminary sketches looked really neat. I've seen pics of a couple "phantom" '67 Shelby-style converts and really think they look good, too. I wouldn't count on selling one for fastback-size money though.

Ah yea see and the vert looks just as good in my own opinion. I think I will stay with my car but one can always dream . If I had the money I would have a Fleet of mustangs but wouldn't we all HE HE.

67 Eleanor Convertible Restomode

I am currently restoring a 1967 convertible that should be a 1 of a kind. Not only is it a Eleanor Clone but it will have the Heidts front suspension AND a IRS from a 2003 Cobra, Hope to have complete in July of this year. Stay tuned for Pics. Hope to have Input from all. I have not choose A engine or trans. Please feel free to E-mail me!!!!!!!!!!

There's a guy who used to post regularly here naed "67vert", he was putting a modular DOHC in a vert with the eleanor nose but a Shelby hood. That Eleanore hood is widely hated from what I can tell, and for good reason (BLECH!).

I am doing a restomod 67 vert but there's very little eleanor in her by my choice. I REALLY want to do an Eleanor paintjob but that is years away. Here's a couple of in-progess pics of my car...

eng2.jpg

grille3.jpg

20 Years ago

Hah!

beat all of you by two decades!

Built the Deceiver from 1982 to 1984! For it's time, all the goodies available, show winner, drove it all over, fun, and NOT called El-anything!

20 Years ago

Hah!

beat all of you by two decades!

Built the Deceiver from 1982 to 1984! For it's time, all the goodies available, show winner, drove it all over, fun, and NOT called El-anything!