Convertible top boot..

I was wondering if it is just me.. but my convertible top boot does not seem to want to attach firmly to my car. The plastic piece that is "supposed" to attach to the back of the rear seat will not seat into the plastic gutter behind the seat no matter what I do. I push it in, but then it pops back out shortly thereafter.

Becuase of this, the middle sticks up and looks awful.. I am also afraid that it will fly off while I am driving on the highway, since it will act like a parachute.

Any thoughts??

• Sponsors (?)

The plastic flap does not go directly behind seat but comes back and push down till it catches on groove. Took me a while to figure out and mine did fly off! But now it is secure and looks pretty good. Play around with it and you will see what im talking about. Made me feel kind of silly after i figured it out.

I had the same problem on my 01. Here's what I did...
Lay it out flat, in position, with plastic piece fully seated in the channel. If yours was like mine, the snaps were not even close to being in the proper location.
I simply marked where the snaps should be and pop rivited new snaps in place. Be very Careful when you drill the holes! I also took some side cutters and cut the old snaps out (didn't want them to scratch the plastic).
Easy to do, lays perfectly flat and no fear of fly away!