Convertible top motor?

I have a 89 GT Vert. Yesterday at lunch I lowerd my top...when I got back from lunch I tried to raise the top. It wen't up about a 1/4 of the way and stopped. Relays click when pressing the switch so I'm assuming the switch and relays are fine. Will the motor just go out without any warning signs. It's been working just fine with no delays.

• Sponsors (?)

its not, that is the way electric pumps are. i strongly encourage anyone with a vert who's motor konks out to replace it right away. moving the top up and down manually is always bends, cracks or snaps something and you'll end up spending more in the long run.

When you replace the motor you can use any Ford power top motor from 1965 to 1993. They are the same motor. You will have to reuse the rubber grommets and such but the motor and housing are the same. My 93 has a 1965 convertible top motor in it.

Will the motor just go out without any warning signs. It's been working just fine with no delays.

Yup. No warning whatsoever....at least that is how mine went a couple months ago. Not bad for a 17 year old motor, though. Replacement is pretty easy as well. I got a good deal from someone who sells them on Ebay. I can give you the info if you are interested (around $150 IIRC).

I know ths post is a lil old but i just replaced my motor. i hear it running but top not moving. just got car so askig for any info on what it could be. do i need to bleed the lines or just make sure the actuator is connected. lol ill check later just asking :shrug: