Convertible top not responding to switch

straws

Dec 29, 2005
Here is the old typical scenario. The top was working when I bought the car, now the switch has no response.

background, I replaced all the fuses because they were all 20 amps in the fuse box, and I replaced the automatic shifter. The car starts in park, and neutral as it should. Now that the shifter is replaces, it properly will not shift out of park unless the key is on and the brake is depressed.

I have a Chilton manual, but there is nothing listed for the convertible top in the wiring diagram, nor does it have any useful information related to safety switches which may have disabled the top.

Suggestions, help? So this site has been great.

• Sponsors (?)

I always had that problem when the fluid was low and the pump had lost prime. Id hit the button and the solenoid would click but the pump wouldn't do ****.

Sorry, 1992 Convertible. No click from the solenoid.

Great and simple wiring diagram. Does anyone know where the power going to the convertible top circuit breaker would we located? If it is close to the battery, I have been working around that area as well...

Fixed. Funny fix at that. I had replaced all the fuses...with used fuses of the correct amperage. Turns out the #5 fuse I used was corroded. I could take my test light with the key on, and have power at both of the test points on the back of the fuse...but the blade on the protected side was corroded. So no power through the fuse to the switch.

This is as basic as a no start where there is no gas in the car.

Forgot that little thing about blade type fuses.