Convertible top problem.

The front drivers side of the top doesn't latch completely down. If I am sitting in the seat I can't see daylight but it lets water in and is visibly higher if you look at it from the outside. It is as if the latch isn't "tight" enough. Is there a way to tighten down the latch to make the top flush?

• Sponsors (?)

When you attach both latches, can you still move the top up and down? If you can't, then the top is closed. See where the water is leaking, and examine the weatherstripping. I would bet it has holes in it or something of the like.
Scott

It is leaking from that latch. If you stand at the front of the car, the drivers side is elevated about 1/4-1/2 inch. The other side is flush and fits the way it should. The top has play in it so I can push it up and down. Some how I need to take the extra slack out and make it latch tighter.

Well, without seeing it, I couldn't really tell you what's wrong. But start with this.

On the drivers side of the top, start from the very back, and work your way to the front. Compare every junction with the other side. You will see what is causing the top not to close. Take your time, and examine closely. If you can't figure it out, then take it to someone and have them fix it.
Scott

I would stay away from the dealer. Way too expensive. An shop that installs convt. tops would be ideal. Look in the phone book and start calling around. I would imagine an upholstery shop would do something like that. But idk :shrug:
Scott

swingline said:
I tightned the screw on the hook and it didn't help at all. I don't see it binding on anything so I am not really sure what it could be.
Don't take offense -- but you didn't really just tighten the screw, did ya? :D That's just a set screw -- you loosen it, turn the whole hook a few turns, then tighten the set screw to hold it. That's assuming the 94/95 verts have the same setup as my '99 Cobra vert did. I had exactly the problem you are describing, and this is how I solved it.

Dave