Convertible top rear window.

• Sponsors (?)

From my understanding they have to be pressed in by the manufacturer (usually meaning you're buying both a new top and window simultaneously) ..or like Blackvert said, take it to a shop..Some thing's just cant be done at home.

bring it to a shop, it'll save you the hassle and they'll do it right. i'm getting a new black cloth top/ new back window soon and thats what i'm going to do.

the window is sort-of glued to piece a of fabric (or vinyl). that goes as a unit. the piece was around 200 with the defroster. less for no defroster, and i think they have plastic ones too for under $100.

www.50resto.com

the whole top does not need to be replaced. mine cost $240 to install. a new top installed would have run $850.

BlackVert said:
the window is sort-of glued to piece a of fabric (or vinyl). that goes as a unit. the piece was around 200 with the defroster. less for no defroster, and i think they have plastic ones too for under $100.

www.50resto.com

the whole top does not need to be replaced. mine cost $240 to install. a new top installed would have run $850.

yes
there are two pieces
the top
and then the back window which is actually machine glued on to a separate canvas piece.
they use a vacuum to suck the window on the canvas so tight to prevent leaks, so basically what i'm sayin is, you're going to have to replace the back window portion which already comes attached to back canvas for the top, you won't be able to glue the window on your old back piece portion.
you can install it yourself
or a shop can do it for you.

I have a GT 'Vert myself. I had some top work done last Winter. While in the shop, I noticed another 'Vert (Non Mustang). The back glass window looked as if someone had shot at it. The owner of the shop said that this guy tried to lower the top when it was under 30 degrees. I guess he warmed the cabin first, and then tried to drop the top, and the heat to cold quick transfer shattered the back glass. :doh:

(I don't know if that was your case, but I just thought I would write my 2 cents worth.)

lol. i had 2 car stands in the well when i put mine down. they were in the back seat when i went to pick up my daugther, so i threw them in the well and forgot about them.

it shattered into 1,000,000 pieces.

the stupidest 500 bucks i ever spent.