Electrical Convertible Top Switch spade connectors pulled loose (92 Mustang LX Conv.)

Convertible Top Switch was stuck in the gauge cluster bezel and long story short I've accidentally pulled a couple spade connectors loose. Can't find diagram in my Chiltons online or on web and need direction. Which color connectors fit into the BDJU from top to bottom of the back of the switch? Or does someone have theirs loose and able to quickly id the colored wires top to bottom? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

92-LX-Conv-Top-Switch-Spade-Connectors loose.jpg
92-LX-Conv-Top-Switch-Spade-Connectors loose.jpg
IMG_5364.jpg
IMG_5364.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Yep, this just happened on my 87. I had the gauge cluster out of my car and try.as I might, the internal wire retainers in thr plug broke. Same thing happened with my hazard switch plug wires so I'd check yours while your in there.

Fortunately I didn't lose wire locations and got the wires glued into the plug. Hopefully they'll stay put for good now.

Reactions: 1 user
I just did the same thing with my 88 GT Convertible... @WadeInSavannah's info was good, but i did it backwards the first time and thought I'd offer the following:

With the clip facing towards you, the order on my car is:

Purple, black / light blue, grey / light blue, purple / orange:
IMG_20200907_125917.jpg

While I don't believe it matters, my car has California emissions (Mass Air) .

Hope this saves someone some frustration!

Reactions: 1 user