Suspension Convertible - water getting into quarter panel?

ZeusHardrive

Feb 9, 2018
After a heavy rain, I noticed a "swishing" sound as if there were a bucket of water in my quarter panel. I've also noticed that stuff in my trunk is getting wet, and I'm leaking water in my driveway. Anyone else have this problem?

• Sponsors (?)

After a heavy rain, I noticed a "swishing" sound as if there were a bucket of water in my quarter panel. I've also noticed that stuff in my trunk is getting wet, and I'm leaking water in my driveway. Anyone else have this problem?
the trunk has 2 water drains outside the lip seal on the left and rt sides of the trunk entry area behind the brake lights , if these get clogged w dirt or leaves you will have a lake of water on the outside of the seal and will leak into the trunk by the latch area

Thank you very much, will check it out. In the meantime, can you suggest any way to get the existing water out? I'd almost rather have it leak into the trunk, then I'd know that it's gone. But it's not.

I had the same problem on both sides. Thought it was tail light mounting bolts so put rubber washers on each side of bolts. Found out it is the body seam sealer had a crack on both sides. It's a easy fix. Just remove the bottom trunk strut mount and seam is right there. I used silicone caulk and that stopped the leaks. Hope this helps you.