Drivetrain Converting 5 Sp To C4

Dart68

Jun 6, 2016
Most people convert from an auto tranny to a 5sp. I converted from a 5sp to a C4. The neutral safety switch has been wired to my new shifter and the clutch safety switch has been jumpered. However, unless I ground the wire at the computer I get an error code 67.

Also, the AC has been removed and the PS relocated.

Is there something else I can do to fix this so that I can pull codes without having to ground the wire at the computer?

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Code 67 ties back to two locations. 1.) the NGS on top of the T-5, and one of the two switches on the clutch pedal. These are wires in parallel, so all you need to do is close one of them and the code 67 disappears.

The NSS that disables the starter is in different spots. One is the clutch pedal, which is jumped out in AOD applications, and the other is in the small harness that used to be plugged into the T-5 reverse harness. There's a small loop of wire in the T-5 harness that would connect to the NSS in an AOD application.

So what did you wire where? Are you using the T-5 comp, or AOD computer?

Code 67 ties back to two locations. 1.) the NGS on top of the T-5, and one of the two switches on the clutch pedal. These are wires in parallel, so all you need to do is close one of them and the code 67 disappears.

The NSS that disables the starter is in different spots. One is the clutch pedal, which is jumped out in AOD applications, and the other is in the small harness that used to be plugged into the T-5 reverse harness. There's a small loop of wire in the T-5 harness that would connect to the NSS in an AOD application.

So what did you wire where? Are you using the T-5 comp, or AOD computer?

It's the original T5 computer. The car starts just fine with the NSS working as expected. I used the original wiring but had to run wires to the NSS switch in the new shifter from the original wires.

Then reach up under the dash where the clutch switch was and locate the 2nd plug that was plugged into the clutch switch. Use a 5A (or whatever you have) blade fuse and jump that plug out. That should eliminate your code 67.

Verify that NSS is still working as expected, but that should do it. Computer is going you the code 67 because that plug is open, and the old NGS that connected to the top of the T-5 is not connected either.

Then reach up under the dash where the clutch switch was and locate the 2nd plug that was plugged into the clutch switch. Use a 5A (or whatever you have) blade fuse and jump that plug out. That should eliminate your code 67.

Verify that NSS is still working as expected, but that should do it. Computer is going you the code 67 because that plug is open, and the old NGS that connected to the top of the T-5 is not connected either.

Will do. Thanks for the info!