Converting Alarm/Anti-Theft Confirmation Chirp

metroplex

Sep 7, 2003
SE MI
I am interested in changing the alarm activation chirp so that it doesn't sound like a regular horn "BEEP" and instead, it should make a BMW/Audi/Lamborghini "alarm chirp" sound. Does anyone know how to do this?

There's an anti-theft alarm in the RH side of the luggage compartment, but I discovered that pressing LOCK twice on the fob would only make the normal vehicle horn BEEP and not this anti-theft horn. I suspect the anti-theft horn is only used when the alarm is tripped. The RKE uses the regular horn relay. Is this true? Is there any easy way of modifying the system so I could use a foreign horn/alarm horn to acknowledge the system is armed/locked?

• Sponsors (?)

If it is aftermarket, you will need to find out what type of unit you have. If is a Ford Factory Alarm and is a newer model or recently installed, it may not have a siren. When Ford installed my alarm, they did not install a siren because no one really pays attention anymore to sirens. They just wired it up to the horn. You may have to install a siren if you want that "chirp". It may have just been the dealership I went to that did this, verify that you do indeed have a siren.

I have only the factory active anti-theft system, which installs an additional horn in the trunk. When I arm the system and lock the doors using the RKE fob, the activation signal comes from the main vehicle horn (BEEP). If the alarm is tripped (interior motion sensor, tilt sensor, hood/trunk sensor), the "siren" is sounded through the additional horn in the trunk.

What I would like to do is change the activation beep to the one used by foreign cars (chirp chirp).

I have only the factory active anti-theft system, which installs an additional horn in the trunk. When I arm the system and lock the doors using the RKE fob, the activation signal comes from the main vehicle horn (BEEP). If the alarm is tripped (interior motion sensor, tilt sensor, hood/trunk sensor), the "siren" is sounded through the additional horn in the trunk.

What I would like to do is change the activation beep to the one used by foreign cars (chirp chirp).

The easiest and probably the cheapest way would be to add a aftermarket alarm with whatever features you want. You may be able to bring a siren in to the dealer and have them add it to the factory system, but I don't think they would.

If you only have a"horn" in the trunk that is what it will sound like.
Factory alarms use the standard horn as a siren in most cases.

My question to you is what sounds when the alarm goes off? Horn and siren or just Horns. ??

what is in your trunk is a "backup" theifs will reach under teh hood and rip out teh wiring fo r ahorn and the "backup" will continue.

If you have a Siren "chirping sound" in the rear, it would be just a programming issue you could have the dealer change. Maybe even a circuit city of after market place can use their programmer to change it.

Many vehicles we install after market alarms on use the horn in combo with the siren, but it can be programmed out.

The key is to have a siren installed not just horns.

Nothing was installed on this car outside of Flat Rock, MI. I have the factory active anti-theft system with the factory horn and factory siren. When the alarm is tripped, the factory "siren" goes off, not the vehicle horn. When I press LOCK twice on the fob, the vehicle horn makes a BEEP. I want to change it so that pressing LOCK twice will sound off an Audi/BMW/foreign car horn that goes CHIRP, but still keep the vehicle horn as-is for when I need to use the horn.

The only way that this can be done is to install a basic aftermarket alarm that chirps when armed and disarmed (this would also be good because most alarms come with an added starter kill that ford doesn't offer). If you do have a siren that goes off when the alarm goes off then most likely you have an aftermarket integrated system and then I would go talk to the person or dealer you bought it from or take it to a local audio/security shop to see what is actually in your car.

From what I am getting you still want the Horn confirmation when you double lock, You just want it to be quiter and quick like a Euro car.

That i don't think is posible, it would be built into the programming of the factory alarm system. and you would prolly need something built inline with the horn to weaken it slightly. Causeing the change in sound.

You have THREE basic options for your alarm
1. LOUD OBNOXIOUS FORD HONK
2. COMBO FORD HORN HONK AND FACTORY SIREN CHIP
3. FACTORY SIREN CHIP ONLY. YOU WOUDL NEED SOME ONE WHO PROGRAMS THESE TO DO
THESE.