Cool video of fun day, and pics.

blackened88lx said:
:lol: Speaking of shifting civics, how's the shifter in that car? Is it stock or do they make some type of aftermarket deal? My buddy has a b-18 v-tak swapped civic and it's the worst feeling shifter I've ever felt. It's about 392482374987234 times worse than a stock rustang shifter. I don't know how he does it, but he still manages to power shift it pretty decent. Is there any decent aftermarket options out there?

it has a Skunk2 short throw in it but it still feels pretty sloppy...not too horrible though.

curse said:
I don't know what is worse, the fact that you guys are using qoutes from that movie or that I know what movie they came from.

probably comes out to be the same

• Sponsors (?)

InfraRed said:
you should probably get a license before critiquing (sp?) my granny shifting, intake weld blowing driving abilities. kthanksbye :nice:

you should probably get another stang before knocking anyone on this website, especially the official little brother.

you should also lose the idea of running 11's in the civic. not gonna happen, "kthxbye."

91ghp5.0 said:
you should probably get another stang before knocking anyone on this website, especially the official little brother.

you should also lose the idea of running 11's in the civic. not gonna happen, "kthxbye."

i believe i heard talk at the top of this page about you wanting to come to speedworld? when the car is built, you are more than welcome to come watch. until proven otherwise, i would suggest you not knock anyones ideas...kthanksbyeagain :eek:

InfraRed said:
i believe i heard talk at the top of this page about you wanting to come to speedworld? when the car is built, you are more than welcome to come watch. until proven otherwise, i would suggest you not knock anyones ideas...kthanksbyeagain :eek:
I smell a cat fight a brewing.

cobra2798 said:
So in your opinion could I run a 13 sec pass with the mods in my sig, remember im on street tires.
I ran a 13.8 at 101mph on street tires with a 1.9 60ft stock cam, bypassed smog,no sway bar 70mm tb, 3:55's, Full exausht, off road h-pipe,Hurst short throw , Pullies, and an msd ignition. I also had the sway bar off and every seat except for mine taken out of the car. That was my best run ever i did it once just by luck the first run of the night back in june. I honestly couldnt do it again if i tried.

RsStanG1987 said:
I ran a 13.8 at 101mph on street tires with a 1.9 60ft stock cam, bypassed smog,no sway bar 70mm tb, 3:55's, Full exausht, off road h-pipe,Hurst short throw , Pullies, and an msd ignition. I also had the sway bar off and every seat except for mine taken out of the car. That was my best run ever i did it once just by luck the first run of the night back in june. I honestly couldnt do it again if i tried.
You mention the sway bar, what is the advantage of taking it off and would that have a negative effect on everyday driving?

InfraRed said:
you should probably get a license before critiquing (sp?) my granny shifting, intake weld blowing driving abilities. kthanksbye :nice:

i dirve ever now and then :D but i get to drive a 5.0 and so not no slow mo 2.0 :lol:

j/k man

imo you sould sell that 4 cyla nd buy a mans car. a V8 :shrug:

come on guys this has been discussed before just drop it. Either way the civic will be faster then 75% of the guys on the this borad so lets just keep our mouths shut.

I love the guys on here ripping on the Civic, even the kids who dont have cars or licenses... Thats good stuff right there.

And how many of you know first hand what a Civic can and cannot do, hell how many know what a Mustang can and cannot do??? Id say put this to rest before some of you get in over your heads and get proven wrong!

Also I can say after driving MANY different cars, all can be driven hard no matter what the shifter feels like. I used to powershift my brothers Ranger with its 2 foot tall shifter and more slop than a bowl of Chili...

hahhaa. i like infared's civic.

but i liek ryan too....i think.....that lawn mower clip scared me

back to the pics and junk, you guys need to do more photoshoots. i was a huge big fan of that HDR stuff you did a while back.

Strype said:
Ask any racer. Any real racer. It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning's winning.

ahh the quotes are endless from that movie.

25thmustang you are correct, we will just let it be and i will post the results from the track when the car is up and running and then anyone is welcome to comment on it :D

fivespeedsteed there will definitely be more hdr pictures in the future :nice:

25thmustang said:
I love the guys on here ripping on the Civic, even the kids who dont have cars or licenses... Thats good stuff right there.

And how many of you know first hand what a Civic can and cannot do, hell how many know what a Mustang can and cannot do??? Id say put this to rest before some of you get in over your heads and get proven wrong!

Also I can say after driving MANY different cars, all can be driven hard no matter what the shifter feels like. I used to powershift my brothers Ranger with its 2 foot tall shifter and more slop than a bowl of Chili...

civics :nonono: there a joke. unless there modded.

but anyway. whens the next time mob will make it to the track? after you get the heads on?

fivespeedsteed said:
hahhaa. i like infared's civic.

but i liek ryan too....i think.....that lawn mower clip scared me

back to the pics and junk, you guys need to do more photoshoots. i was a huge big fan of that HDR stuff you did a while back.

:scratch: wwhat was so scary about it :shrug:

ryan218 said:
civics :nonono: there a joke. unless there modded.

but anyway. whens the next time mob will make it to the track? after you get the heads on?

Every car short of LS1, Cobras and better are jokes stock. Who here has a stock car that runs hard??? Just a heads up, if I were you Id get a license and a fast car before you start making claims against other peoples cars! Not being mean, being real!:nice:

25thmustang said:
Every car short of LS1, Cobras and better are jokes stock. Who here has a stock car that runs hard??? Just a heads up, if I were you Id get a license and a fast car before you start making claims against other peoples cars! Not being mean, being real!:nice:

yeah but see i know my cars slow :lol: and whos is fast. :shrug:

25thmustang said:

i know exactly what a civic can do. there's a single cam honda running low 11's back home...but im pretty damn sure his car won't be doing that.

91ghp5.0 said:
i know exactly what a civic can do. there's a single cam honda running low 11's back home...but im pretty damn sure his car won't be doing that.

I think youd be surprised... A LOT of guys near me see me and my car and say theres no way it runs mid 12s. I say before we knock him on what we think he cant do, we give him props and tell him good luck and see what he will do. Hell a 12 second Civic is faster than most cars on the forum!