YeahIDriveaV6

May 31, 2017
Hey all, i am new to the forum so first and foremost i would like to apologize if this post already exists somewhere, or if i have already broken some rule i don't know about here. I know how forum members can sometimes be very particular about the rules of their specific forum being upheld. Anyway, on to my issue..I drive my car 51 miles each way to work, so a little over 100 miles total. While driving home from work last night, i noticed that the temp gauge shot up pretty high so i started to pull over. But as i went to pull over, it went back down to the normal range. It did this two or more times, each time with me pulling over but it going back up as i slowed down (Freeway speeds are anywhere from 5-85 MPH here..). When i got home and parked it in the driveway, i noticed there was steam coming from under the hood as i got out. So i popped the hood, and Coolant had been coming out of the overflow cap. i could tell because there was still steam coming from it. So i waited until it cooled down, added more coolant, started the car up and it ran fine. I kept it running as i added more water/coolant to try to make sure there weren't any bubbles in the system, but i knew that i probably needed to burp it when i had more time. I drove to work the this morning with no issues, but when i was on my way to an interview this afternoon, i started to hear a weird noise. I tried turning the volume up and down on the CD player but that wasn't it, I tried turning the A/C off and that didn't change it, so i ended up turning the A/C and stereo off so i could hear it better. I accelerated quickly (i was already doing 80 on the freeway) to see if that would change it, and there was no change in the sound initially and there was no loss of power. I was confused, so i did it again, and this time the car downshifted, and the sound got louder. It sounded how i would imagine a fan blade hitting something would sound, but not nearly as fast. So at this point i am really worried, and i take the exit that was just ahead. At this point I'm noticing a loss of power(unless it downshifts), and the sound has become louder still. As i pull over on the off ramp, the temp gauge goes all the way to the H, and i pulled over and shut the car off. When i popped the hood, the coolant had all overflowed out of the cap again, and there was none in the overflow. I added some water I had in a coolant jug, and tried starting it again about 30 minutes later and it wouldn't start. I had it towed home, and have added more coolant and tried starting it but it wont start, the coolant just forces its way out of the reservoir still. The oil on the dipstick looks normal, although it is a bit low, and there doesn't appear to be and oil in the reservoir, though maybe with as much as it has lost recently i wouldn't be able to tell. There were, however, some random pieces of blue rubber in the overflow. I am at a loss, although i have heard it could be a head gasket. I am in the military and I'm leaving town for training soon, but would like to be able to fix it upon coming home. If any of you have any ideas at all, please let me know! and sorry for a very long winded first post!

• Sponsors (?)

Update 1: Just pulled the driver side rear spark plug, it was very loose and fouled up/wet when i took it out. The entire threads on it were covered in what looked like carbon, but it was still wet. Most of it cleaned off fairly easily.