coolant tank delete!

98COBRA281

10 Year Member
Nov 24, 2007
Port St. Lucie, Florida
well i always hated that huge, ugly, plastic, POS coolant tank that 4.6's have, so i swapped a 95 5.0 radiator, and used 2" angle aluminum across the top, that i sanded with 600 grit to give it the "brushed" look, and put in a 1500 cfm slim fan on instead of the huge heavy stock one :nice:

DSCN1183.jpg

DSCN1179.jpg

DSCN1185.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

thanks everyone! engine bay detail is a huge deal to me

Looks awesome, as usual.

Ever considered going with COPs vs using the coil packs? That'd clean up even more stuff, IMO.

yes i actually have many times! the only thing that turns me off is that i will have to use, a 99+ harness, key, computer and gauge cluster, and i never like the digital 99+ clusters.

thanks everyone! engine bay detail is a huge deal to me

yes i actually have many times! the only thing that turns me off is that i will have to use, a 99+ harness, key, computer and gauge cluster, and i never like the digital 99+ clusters.

no hell you dont, mine has been swapped twice now. takes all kind of crap off the motor..

edit: didnt read the whole post lol.

I made my harness for $12 and it plugs right in, you can make it fit however you want. helps out a little, car ran smoother with the cop.

Looks very very clean!:nice:

damn that looks good :drool:

thanks you:D

That plenum spacer is huge!!! What purpose does it serve? Should replace it with a plate "kit". :D

yea its a 2", it adds plenuim and speed to the intake charge, it really helps out when running th edelbrock intake manifold, when i do put a kit on the car im just going to buy a 1.5in spacer and add the fogger plate to it:nice: im hoping for 10.90's on a 125 shot...

Damn man, that looks incredible. I've said it before and I'll say it again you have the cleanest nicest looking 2V engine bay I've ever seen.

BTW, I just ordered a pair of Nick's stage 2 NPI N/A cams. Would love to have ported heads, but it's just not in the budget right now. I can't wait! I also paid him to time the cams and include timing gears. Did you ever run any of Nick's other cams?