Fox Cooling System Issues/questions

There I posted a couple of pics. I like the way it looks, less crowded and cleaner. That's why I wouldn't like to move the SP using the AC kit delete or using an idle pulley in place of the AC compressor (I cut the upper part of the bracket that holds the AC compressor and cut flush those ugly bolts/studs that keep it bolted to the water pump... :)

For now I found that I'm using a jumper on my DCC controller that increases the temp by 14 degrees. I just removed it and tomorrow I will find out how it performs. Also I will use the Under Drive jumper which keeps the fan spinning at 10% all the time and from there it will increase the speed up to 100% accordingly with the current temperature. Those out there running the FK35 controller know what I'm talking about.

Too many variables, but have to start troubleshooting this issue until it is solved.

Thank you all for your ideas!!!

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

On the 24 lbs injectors upgrade which ones do you guys preferred, or doesn't matter?
IMG_9424.JPG

On the 24 lbs injectors upgrade which ones do you guys preferred, or doesn't matter?
IMG_9424.JPG
I hear the some people have clearance issues with the adapters you need to run the style injector on the left. The fatter injector on the right is the stock 5.0 style and that's what I have (although mine are Bosch 30#). You'll need a matching MAF programmed to run 24# injectors FYI.

Thank a FoxMustangLvr!!
No adapters are necessary, same plug type as the ones I'm running right now, but bay I'll run the fat ones and yes I need a MAF calibrated for that.
And by the way I've been able to bring the temperature down using different jumper combinations on my FK35, and my temp is wandering a bit from like 185* to 195*. I should be able to do some fine adjustments to get the temp between 195* to 200*. This controller is great, and I'm happy with my progress. :) :) :)

Last edited:
Is that a filter of some sort from the oil fill to the trottlebody ? Did you have oil in the throttle body ? Just curious since I'm in the Trick Flow boat too.

Jersey Joe, you are correct, that little filter is the one used on carburetors.
I had some clearance issues with my rollers hitting the oil baffle on the passenger side valve cover so I grounded it off and some oil mist started going up to the TB. I cut a stainless steel mesh and placed it at the bottom of the oil filler, plus I placed that little filter before the TB. and it works nice, no crap in there and keeps it clean.

also I have an oil separator on the hose coming out of the PCV valve, and yes it keeps the intake cleaner than without it. YY

very nice... what fan is that?
Thanks mikestang63 :)
I'm a cheapo guy, that is a Taurus fan. I built the aluminum shroud myself, fits and works great.
To tell the truth I have done everything on my ride: Built the engine, transmission (Converted to Z specs), suspension, and rear end, plus all the conversions. It just feels good and proud. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Project succesfully completed my project: AC system removed, bracket was trimmed, running smaller WP to correct belt clearance, the smaller pulley caused temp to rise. Nothing dramatic but out of range from my desired specs. Changed the DCC fan controller settings and now the temperature is 195* to 200* consistently. I'm happy to share those results with you.
Thank you all!!!

Reactions: 1 users