Fuel Correct fuel pressure tool for 86


Jan 15, 2003
Visit site
Have a 4 86 Capris
I bought a fuel pressure kit on eBay it's useless
Bought a permanent type that you leave on schrader valve it leaks and won't read.
Can someone link a known working tool with the right adapter
On eBay or Amazon
I can't find one
  • Sponsors(?)


StangNet's favorite TOOL
SN Certified Technician
Mar 10, 2000
Dublin GA

The local auto parts store will have what you need...
Advance Auto Parts or AutoZone
Actron Fuel Pressure Tester Kit
Part # CP7818


Build your own...

Fuel pressure gauge adapter fittings:
http://www.holley.com/products.asp?product=17945NOS AN 4 to 1/16” pipe
http://www.holley.com/products.asp?product=16785NOS 1/16” male pipe to 1/8” female pipe

See http://www.autometer.com/cat_accessorieslist.aspx?pid=10

I made my own pressure gauge and holder. I bought the NOS or Autometer adapter that you screw into the place on the fuel line where the Schrader valve goes. You have to remove the Schrader valve, but save it, since you will reuse it. I ran a piece of SS (stainless steel) braided hose to a 1/8” pipe brass tee fitting that I mounted on the fender well by the MAF. I made a mount bracket out of aluminum angle I got from Home depot and bolted it to the fender well. Then I mounted the brass tee to it with some machine screws and a plate. I sandwiched the brass tee between the aluminum angle and a flat piece of aluminum that I trimmed off the extra aluminum angle. Three screws laid out in a triangle pattern go through both pieces of aluminum to clamp the tee in place. Put the Schrader valve in the spare port of the brass tee. I used a cheap industrial gauge from MSC Direct (http://www1.mscdirect.com/ P/N 56468499). It works great and was cheaper than (less than $8) anything Summit had.

If you look through the MSC Direct catalog, you can find any type of gauge you want, including liquid filled. You only need a liquid filled gauge if you mount it directly on the engine. The liquid filling dampens out the vibrations. .However there are a couple of people who have had nasty engine fires when the gauge or the fuel injector rail broke due to vibration because of the gauge directly mounted on the fuel injector rail.

You can buy the Autometer Stainless Steel braided hose for like $60. Or a local shop that makes hydraulic hose assemblies can make it for you at a cheaper price. Ordinary low pressure hydraulic hose can be used in place of the Stainless Steel braided hose, the Stainless Steel braided hose just looks nice. I got mine for $4 at a place that sells industrial and military surplus parts of all kinds. The Stainless Steel braided hose goes for about $4+ a foot and the fittings are probably about $6-$10 each. You can make your own and save some $$$, the shops may have a setup or labor charge to fabricate the hose assembly.

Safety device to prevent major fuel loss in the event of a failure of the hose, fittings or gauge...



Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B 93 cobra with Vortech supercharger correct fuel pressure 42 PSI?? Digital Self-tuning Forum 2
BlackFox5.0 If you raise fuel pressure, does the computer correct the richer condition? Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 1
Sonic04GT Is my Air/Fuel gauge working correctly? SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech 13
enyawix What is the computers fuel correction range? Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 1
5spd GT Looking for the CORRECT fuel pump size for Sn-95 cars. 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech 4
RAYZEN CAINE ATT: DRAG RACERS how to installing a fuel cell the correct way Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 17
9 Correct Fuel Pump for a 97 GT? SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech 6
P Help locating correct "pin" to jumper on ac relay 2015+ Specific Tech 2
C Need help purchasing correct intake manifold SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech 5
C Window Wont go Up correctly after Regulator install. 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- 10
V Hydro-boost 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- 0
B Correct T5 for a '68 Mustang 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- 2
FastDriver Engine Custom A/C. How to determine correct amount of freon? Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 25
0 Which is the Correct Sway Bar Replacement for 97 Cobra Coupe SVT Tech Forum 1
M Engine Help me get EGR vacuum correct!! Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 17
G Interior and Upholstery No one can cut a key correctly WTF! 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 5
R Engine correct tool to remove valve spring Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 3
BlakeusMaximus 2015 GT—What is the correct spark plug gap on these? 2015+ Specific Tech 9
T 2005 V6 Spark Plug not threading correctly 2005 - 2014 Specific V6 Tech 0
BlakeusMaximus Fox Rock Auto price on steering rack correct?? 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 42
N Need help finding correct speedo gear! 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- 1
6 Trying to find a set of period correct wheels 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 4
Clapper Suspension 2007 V6 Convertible Sway Bar Bushing - Can't seem to find the correct size? 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech 0
Mustang5L5 Paint Correction Mustang Sound & Shine All 1
Scott7512 Dipstick Not Correct Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 12
Mstng93SSP Fox Is This 3g Wiring Correct? 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 4
billison Correct Maf Plug? Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 7
gruvee87vertgt Help/mustang Down, 5 Lug Axles Too Long? Not Fitting Correctly Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 17
MrFoxNutCase Correct Offset For Wheels On Sn95 Axle Foxes? 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 4
M Is This The Correct Bbk Cold Air Intake Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 7
YadiStang 1969 Mustang Dash Lights Diffuser (correct) Color? 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- 4
GoldenEagle91 Engine Correct Throttle Cable For Carb'd 94? 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech 2
Cool Beans Whats Correct Pcv Valve For 289ci, 1406 Edelbrock Carb? 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- 4
Matt1986GT Correct Color For Bodyside Molding 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 5
R Correct Spark Plugs For Edelbrock E Street Heads 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech 4
A Need Help Finding Correct Pcv Valve. SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech 3
Mr. Snrub Paint Correction Cut And Polish On My Notch 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 23
8 Engine Getting Correct Tune For Throttle Body 2010 - 2014 Specific Tech 1
V Drivetrain Speedometer Correction 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech 16
R 65 Fastback Correct Wheel Offset? Torq Thrust 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- 2
deathb4dismount Is This The Correct Belt 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 4
B Exhaust Correcting Low Hanging Magnaflow Ca Cat Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 2
9 Need Serious Help Finding The Correct Rear Rotor On My 5 Lug Swap 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 4
Killa Need Help Find A Correct Tail Light For My 89 Lx 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 4
M Do I Have The Correct Parts For An Maf Conversion? Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 20
D Help Selecting Correct Z-bar And Rods For I6 And 3-speed 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- 2
Roanstang Full Correction For Candy 2012 3.7 Mustang Sound & Shine All 2
H Did They Diagnosis My Car Correctly? Please Help 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- 0
mikestang63 Is This The Correct Size Speed Bleeder For Stock Fox Body Calipers 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 0
JohnnyK81 Engine Gates 43272 And 43272p Water Pump? Correct? Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 0
Similar threads