could a mis-installed lower intake cause coolant in the oil/cylinders?

OrangeMustangGt

Founding Member
Mar 7, 2002
Cape Cod, MA
my brother just got a mustang, and it seems to be missing on at least 2 cyls, i know for a fact #8 is misfiring, when i pulled the plug, there seemed to be water on it, the car hasent been run for 2 years though. I know that the guy before us just put on a cobra intake, and he may have ****ed it up, cause thats why he sold it, he couldent figure out the vaccume lines. I need to know if coolant could leak down into these areas if it was messed up. ALSO, where does the fuel pressure reg plug in, i just want to be sure about some vaccume line routes. THANKS!

• Sponsors (?)

yes if the lower isnt sealed good it can leak coolant into the oil and into the cyclinders via intake runnners.

Here are some pics I saved from another thread
cobra%20vac%20line%20set%20up.jpg

cobra%20vac%20line%20set%20up2.jpg

wow those pics helped alot, i guess i do ahve some problems....though your pic doesent show the hose coming off the closest side. right on your pic. On mine there is a fitting and a hose coming from there,..should i just cap it, lol i had that fitting connected to where the pcv should be

i actually ran the lines a different way. i capped off the one that's closet to the t/b where coolant used to run through on the old egr plate and plugged up that line. then i went to the parts store and picked up like 1' 1/2" of hose line and ran that from the charcoal can(s) to the back of the intake where it goes to the vaccum tree on the firewall. then i used the elbow to connect the hose to the vaccum on the firewall. then i connected the PCV to the "nozzle" right under the tree and everything else was connected regularly. much easier to route, JMO. car runs just fine