Could have gone to jail tonight

CManT1914

Feb 5, 2004
Killeen, Texas
So I just put on my new alternator and alternator cable. First time I've driven the stang in over 2 weeks. I'm turning left onto a road with a fire station on the right of me. After I turn, I hit it hard, and wind out 3rd, and get to about 100mph (40mph road, but there were no cars around). So I pull up to the next intersection and was gonna go straight to take my friend home, when he said the Advanced Auto Parts is open (needed brake fluid). So I kinda halfway get into the left turn lane all of the sudden (I did use my blinker at least), and turn left, when all of the sudden a cop flips on his lights/sirens. I don't even think anything of it, I couldn't see him anywhere, so I put my blinker on and pull into the left turn lane to pull into Advanced. Then my other friend with me is like, 'dude he's after you'. CRAP! So I pull in and park.

He asks me, "sir do you have mufflers on this car?".
ME: "yes sir."
HIM: "are you sure?"
ME: "Yes sir, you can look if you want to." (he doesn't)
HIM: "Don't you think you took off a little fast at that red light?"
ME: "Yes sir."
HIM: "Sir, I was standing in the fire station watching a movie with the guys where things are getting blown up, and we could hear you take off from the light, loud enough to wake the dead in Copperas Cove (next town over). It was so loud everybody jumped and turned to see who it was."
ME: (I took that as a compliment really, lol). "Sorry sir."

Here's what I was doing illegal.

1) Exhibition of acceleration.
2) Reckless driving.
3) Speeding (more than double the limit)
4) Failure to make a proper lane change)
5) Expired inspection (been out since September)
6) Expired insurance
7) Exhaust too loud.

Long story short, he didn't catch me speeding, and he didn't give me tickets for anything except the exhaust. He gave me a citation for that. I was really thankful he didn't know how fast I was going, otherwise I'd be in jail right now!! :(

• Sponsors (?)

I swear you were gonna say "and I saw the blinking lights behind me and I TOOK OFF like a bat outta hell", while i admit that would have been cooler, your lucky he didnt shaft you on those other technicalities, im sure it had your adrenaline goin though

RedStallion43 said:
I swear you were gonna say "and I saw the blinking lights behind me and I TOOK OFF like a bat outta hell", while i admit that would have been cooler, your lucky he didnt shaft you on those other technicalities, im sure it had your adrenaline goin though

If I had known he was back there coming for me, I sure as HELL would have chopped out and blown through that light and lost him. He was WAY back there apparently. I was sitting at the red light for a minute, and he didn't pull up until it turned green. And it was weird, the whole time, I'm thinking, "I could go to jail for this", and I just didn't even care. :shrug:

Daniel50 said:
you would not have gotten arrested even if you were found guilty of all that.

I thought double (or more than double) the speed limit was instant jail time? I'm sure he could take me to jail if he wanted to.

I almost got arrested one time for street racing. I was driving to work one morning and I pull up next to this guy in a late 80's T/A at a stop light. He takes off fast so I hit it up to about 60mph(35mph speed limit) even tho he let up almost right away. I pull into the turning lane at the next light and look in the rear view and there's a cop right behind me! I was going from Ohio to WV and he followed me halfway accross the bridge before he turned on his lights, so I pulled into a parking lot at the end of the bridge.

This was the first time I'd ever been pulled over and I was nervous as hell. He goes through the process of running my license and everything then comes back to my window:

Cop:"Now you weren't racing that Trans Am back there, were you?"
Me:hesitating for a minute..."Yeah..."
Cop:"Now you weren't racing that Trans Am back there, were you?"
Me:"Well, he took off so I took off..."
Cop:"Im gonna ask you one more time, you weren't racing that Trans Am back there, were you?"
Me:"No."
Cop:"Good. Did you know street racing is a jailable offense?"
Me:"No."
Cop:"I've got a Mustang too, so I know they can get away from you at times. Just be more aware of your surroundings from now on. Im just gonna give you a warning for burning the tires now."

My trak-lok was shot at the time, so I did a one-wheel-peel through the entire intersection. Needless to say, I've been much more cautious through town since that incident. lol

been pulled over 3 times once in the 66 for speeding in my town. Cop let me go. once in the 94 for speeding ass clown gave me a ticket for like 125 bucks. And one in my old toyota for tailgating. The toyota was the best I was on this vans bumper for a while and teh car in front of it pulled off so we went past i was thinking Yes that slow ****er got out of the way. Few min later i'm seeing lights I was like **** it was an unmarked car. guy walks up askes some bs questions then says "i was gonna let you go i gave you time to back off but you didn't. That van you were tailgating was my wife" all i could think was of **** i really did it. I bowed my head and said sorry man he was like " its ok i just wanted to stop you so when i get home she don't ream me out for not pulling you over, I see your a volunteer I'm gonna let you go just back off and take it easy ok" I was like ok i will

Good to hear you got the warning. Cops can be decent.

I don't see how he coulda gotten you on reckless driving. He didn't even see you (until you made the illegal lane change at the intersection).

Lesson learned: Don't rip on it in front of the firehouse, cops hang out there. :D

2) Reckless driving.
6) Expired insurance
7) Exhaust too loud.

Everything is excusable except 5 and 6, I mean you are just asking for a ticket like that man. I know how you feel though, two weeks without driving the Mustang is like two weeks in hell.

GRGT1994 said:
Good to hear you got the warning. Cops can be decent.

I don't see how he coulda gotten you on reckless driving. He didn't even see you (until you made the illegal lane change at the intersection).

Lesson learned: Don't rip on it in front of the firehouse, cops hang out there. :D

Well I'm not saying he could have busted me for that since he didn't see me, but I was still doing it. Just like he couldn't have busted me for speeding since he didn't see me doing it, but if he had, then I would have been in a lot more trouble. Yea I'm not gonna mess around by the fire stations anymore, lol.

GreenMustangGt said:
i had a cop pull me over, and say nice exhaust lol

I've had one follow me around before, then pull up next to me and give me the thumbs up. :banana:

silverstangman said:

2) Reckless driving.
6) Expired insurance
7) Exhaust too loud.

Everything is excusable except 5 and 6, I mean you are just asking for a ticket like that man. I know how you feel though, two weeks without driving the Mustang is like two weeks in hell.

The inspection is a pain, because I've been trying to find a place that will pass me. A guy I work with told me the other day he'd give me a sticker, so I'm gonna get one this week. The insurance I had no idea was expired. I never look at it, so I honestly just didn't know. But it's only been expired for a little over a week, so I don't think that would have been a big deal, I'm still on that same policy, I just don't have the updated card.

ya'lls cops suck. my exhust on my toyota broke at the flange where it goes into the cat it was LOUD I just thought it was a really bad leak and left it go i thought it sounded cool. I drove it like that for a few weeks maybe a month never got pulled over. Went past a cop one night he was sitting in a lot and i watched his eyes follow my truck and thought he was gonna get me for it but never moved. My bro in law ended up looking under my truck and was like holy **** no wonder its so loud look your pipes broke off so then i got it fixed

Last time i did something like that was in my ex 92 Probe 3.0 V6 5 speed,speedlimit was 25 so i hold in 2nd at 25mph,than limit is changed to 45mph so i WOT (had some loud muffler) and got pull over and got ticked for "careless driving 3 points" ,or other time was in Stang i spinn tires in 2nd on corner and got ticked for "driving too fast for conditions 2 points"

Yes chris you could have went to jail for that. I almost hve before if there are any and i mean any cars or people around. Its an officers discrepancy to call it reckless endangerment. I have almost went to jail for it. Luckily I talked my way down to reckless driving. I ramped two sets of railroad tracks doing 90+.

It feels SO good to get into the 5.0 after being out of it for awhile. With snow on the ground here, I haven't driven mine in two weeks...I started it yesterday and man, did it sound mean. :lol:

I CAN'T WAIT for spring.