could I win?

• Sponsors (?)

You should be just a hair faster cause of gears, stick and the tires. Get him off the line and it will be a cake walk.

+1 gears are going to help a lot off the line if you can drive. You def have the advantage him having an auto. He's only making about 215hp being bone stock with an auto. Good luck:nice:

I would give the nod to the '00 GT (even as an auto, I guess I am partial to the year - lol), but you have the 275 tires out back to help you take good advantage of those gears.

It is a drivers' race, really. Your car won't win or loose you that race. It takes a much bigger car difference to matter. You can drive...

...or not. :D

It will be easier for your friend, since it is an auto. Still, a "mash it and hang on" will lose a run for an auto. And don't get me started on "traction control".

Any time slips in that ride of yours? That would help to know what kind of driver you are. :nice:

00gt will win, no problem.

Ive run 14.21 at 98mph with 3.73's, kn, pullies and an h pipe(TA was set at stock 10*). Thats in good weather...... WITH A PREPPED TRACK and HRP, which is a fast track. He's going to pull on you after 60 with the PI gear. he will proboly pull on you from a stop light if you spin, bc he proboly wont spin as much with the auto and stock gears. It will proboly be close, but he will win.

i had time slips for it but i connot find them, when I took it to the track i only had my liscense for about 3 weeks, my reaction time was like .300 but my 60 foot was like 2.6 and i turned a 14.9

.300 is a red light if Im not mistaken. You need to practice your launches cause your car should be able to pull a 2.0 60 ft or lower with that setup. It took me alot of tries to get my lauch down with my Mod motor, I learned I CANNOT go WOT in first with street tires cause it will always spin them at any rpm if I mash it to the floor, but at 80% throttle in first with Goodyear 285/40/17 GS-C I can pull a 1.97 60 foot time. I still cant seem to break 14 sec for the quarter (best was 14.001 @ 100 mph) so like everyone else says it will be a drivers race, good luck:nice:

00gt will win, no problem.

Ive run 14.21 at 98mph with 3.73's, kn, pullies and an h pipe(TA was set at stock 10*). Thats in good weather...... WITH A PREPPED TRACK and HRP, which is a fast track. He's going to pull on you after 60 with the PI gear. he will proboly pull on you from a stop light if you spin, bc he proboly wont spin as much with the auto and stock gears. It will proboly be close, but he will win.

completly agree with this post, the '00 wins

my brother ran a consistent 14.1-14.2 at 98-99mph in his BONE STOCK auto 'o1 GT. all he did was put it in drive and mashed the gas when it turned green, kinda hard to mess up. with a 5-spd there's alot of things that can go wrong on the launch and shifts

just dont under estimate the 2000 GT, because, i raced my stock 2003 gt mustang against my 98 GT (with the mods in my sig, last week), and I kept up with the 98 GT in first gear, then starting high end second and going into third i pulled on the 98 GT, then, kinda left the 98 GT behind.

It kinda upsets me though, i invested a fair amount of money into the 98 GT, and my stock 2003 GT beat it.

just dont under estimate the 2000 GT, because, i raced my stock 2003 gt mustang against my 98 GT (with the mods in my sig, last week), and I kept up with the 98 GT in first gear, then starting high end second and going into third i pulled on the 98 GT, then, kinda left the 98 GT behind.

It kinda upsets me though, i invested a fair amount of money into the 98 GT, and my stock 2003 GT beat it.

why is this suprising?

stock for stock your gonna need pi cams and pi intake to keep up with a pi car.

the pi cars have a lot better top end is what it comes down to.

they will start pulling away once you hit about 70

why is this suprising?

stock for stock your gonna need pi cams and pi intake to keep up with a pi car.

the pi cars have a lot better top end is what it comes down to.

they will start pulling away once you hit about 70

its not suprising, its just, before i got the 03 GT, i had the 98 GT, for about three years, and I thought it was F'n quick. But, i guess i really didnt see the big deal about the PI mustangs until i actually got one. Like, i thought it would put up a good fight against it, but it kinda just rolled over and died imo. lol.

Yeah, going with a 5-speed bumps you up around 225hp stock.

Indeed it does. This is my 2000 GT 5-speed with the stock paper air filter (and everthing else stock, too) back in July of '03:

dyno.gif