Couldn't help but notice

final5-0

Mustang Master
Apr 6, 2003
DFW Texas
Over the past few weeks, I've noticed like no-one or maybe 1 or possibly 2 peeps
viewing the old Tuning Forum.

Man O Man ... how things have changed :eek:

Just not much activity there like the old days :shrug:

That place has all but died :(

Maybe not that many wanna ... do it themselves ... anymore :shrug:

Grady

• Sponsors (?)

I have noticed this for some time. I am sure I will be buggin some people in the near future since I am hooking up my WB now (just getting cold here now so I am waiting for the odd warm day to drive it). Plus I want to get an FMS 70mm t-body so I am sure I will be studying idle stuff REAL soon :rlaugh:. Idle seems to be one area I dont have a lot of dealing with as so far mine has been real good.

I think a large part of it is that the tuning section already has a great deal of info to search and get the needed info for a large chunk of the issues. There are some good topics and threads on what is what and how it works. I know I have searched it as of late and I never have an issue in finding the information I need. I think the amount of info here for our 94-95 is about the best source of specific info.

I have noticed over the last few months some questions about topics I dont have a whole lot of info on...like boost, some case specific idle or sensor questions that I see wes jumping in on or the guy with the sniper av.

It is not a far stretch to also like you say...the group is getting smaller as the age of our years increases and people have more and more local help/tuners. Our 2yrs is not a hill of beans compared to the 87-93 fox or the 96-04 4.6 eec. That and some of the more tweecer posting people seem to be selling, not modding any longer, just not posting much any longer or taking a break. I think as our years become more affordable more younger people will find their way here and the cycle will begin a-new.

its also getting to the point of old technology vs a newer car.

better standard features.

we have to do a HCI to catch up to what the stock GT's put out with just bolt ons.

Gas prices went through the roof turning people away from gas guzzling sport cars.

I think its a little bit of everything that has slowed down our cars.

I love my car to death but i bought mine for 6k about 6 years ago. I have done alot to it over the years.

But god forbid i wreck it... goodbye yellow... hello 30-60mpg car...

I'd still put new car standard power and technology as the big reasons no one wants old cars anymore. We are like a single woman turning 30 and still in denial. No one wants us anymore :rlaugh:

going to hell for that one.

Ive never been a computer geek Grady... Just kiddin man, but seriously, I would have a LOT of learning to do if I wanted to tune my own car. I had Wes make me a chip a little while back, so Im good until the next round of mods.

Ive never been a computer geek Grady... Just kiddin man, but seriously, I would have a LOT of learning to do if I wanted to tune my own car. I had Wes make me a chip a little while back, so Im good until the next round of mods.

Well ... We all have things we like or find interesting :D
and
We all have things we feel the other way about :)

I guess you might say :shrug:

When I decided to do my current combo ........
Knowing how critical cam choice was ...................

Well ... my sig kinda says it all ... Don't it :rlaugh:

I just wasn't gonna get that involved in all that cam stuff :crazy:

All I wanted to do was check basic stuff like timing and vt geom ;)

Its all good :spot:

Grady

I'm planning on getting a Moates chip and tuning my GT, but I just haven't had the time. I'm certainly looking forward to setting the right gear ratio for my tranny - I have the 4R70W gearset and I'm tired of the tranny shifting at the wrong times. :(