courtesy lights

howdy,

ok, the quarter pillar courtesy lights (70 s/r) don't work, no big surprise, eh? (btw, do y'all that hail from Canada like my use of the word 'eh'?) i have seen a few sites selling them (like my quarter windows, my chrome on these is badly pitted), no problem there. here's the thing...the light emitted by these, when working properly, is somewhat muted. i am wondering if there is a different bulb i can put in there to improve the quality cabin illumination. anyone tried something like this?

t,c

• Sponsors (?)

charlies said:
howdy,

ok, the quarter pillar courtesy lights (70 s/r) don't work, no big surprise, eh? (btw, do y'all that hail from Canada like my use of the word 'eh'?) i have seen a few sites selling them (like my quarter windows, my chrome on these is badly pitted), no problem there. here's the thing...the light emitted by these, when working properly, is somewhat muted. i am wondering if there is a different bulb i can put in there to improve the quality cabin illumination. anyone tried something like this?

t,c

i think the stock bulb is a 168, you can subsitute a 194 in it's place and i think remember seeing some halogen 194's at autozone, that would provide a tremendous increase in light, i think i saw them in the ricer section