covnerting 240 ohm to 73 ohm fuel gauge

mtaqua

Oct 7, 2006
I have a fuel gauge from the following kit..
Auto Meter 1300 - Auto Meter Arctic White Analog Gauge Kits - Application - SummitRacing.com

and a stock style replacement sending unit (73 to 10 ohm). Short of replacing the gauge is there anything I can do to make it work. I bought a bag of resistors and tried multiple combinations. Best I could do was 1/4 to 3/4 sweep on the gauge. I'd be happy if I could get an accurate empty and at least 3/4 on the high side.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a fuel gauge from the following kit..
Auto Meter 1300 - Auto Meter Arctic White Analog Gauge Kits - Application - SummitRacing.com

and a stock style replacement sending unit (73 to 10 ohm). Short of replacing the gauge is there anything I can do to make it work. I bought a bag of resistors and tried multiple combinations. Best I could do was 1/4 to 3/4 sweep on the gauge. I'd be happy if I could get an accurate empty and at least 3/4 on the high side.

Hi, I had the same problem with my after market gauges. get a 240-33 ohms universal fuel sending and swap the rheostat on your mustang sanding unit.

good luck.

yeah, I thought about that. I have a robbmc unit, was almost $200. The reo is enclosed with what looks like spot welds. I think I'll spend the $50 for a new gauge. sucks.