Progress Thread 6r80 coyote swapped pig

i have honestly not looked much into any upgrades yet just focusing on figureing out the stuff i know nothing about but im slowly learning and will try to get as good of a list and info as i can. My only plans for the motor as of now is headers and maybe a cai. In the future im going to put some set of aftermarket cams probably the intake manifold billet oil pump gears and a tune. Im building the car to corner and want get into road racing.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Started to order parts and will try and give everybody a complete list of every part i need to get. I will try and keep up with the total cost. Ive heard lots of people say this swap cost them well over 10k i dont believe it will cost me that much. I am also searching for any part i can get a deal on and also going to try and do a majority of the work myself.

parts ive ordered so far have been
2011-2014 ford racing control pack $1527
bbk coyote swap headers $490
mod motor bell housing for tremec tko $270
Scram speed control pack pedal mount $89
cheap clutch and flywheel for mod motor $50

parts i will be ordering in the next few days include
aje k member and mod motor mounts
maximum motorsports manual brake kit
stifflers crossmemember mount or i may fab my own
starter
on3 oil filter relocation kit
corvette c5 fuel filter fittings needed and fuel line
dakota digital gauges

with all that heres a few pics i took of what showed up

IMG_2875.JPG
IMG_2877.JPG
IMG_2878.JPG

Reactions: 4 users
Nice! Let us know how that SCRAM pedal bracket works out for you, I have the J&M version for my swap.

Are you planning on swapping your front timing cover out or you just planning on running the stock f150 cover and all the accessories? It looks like you have all the accessories that came with the motor. I know some people have run into clearance issues since the f150 cover and accessories while others have seemed to have no issues.

That control pack is pretty sweet, isn't it? They couldn't have made the wiring any easier to follow. I wish you had the option not to include the intake setup since that won't work for me at all, but I know I'm happy with it.

Ahhhh, I just saw your doing the manual brake conversion. You planning on running a manual rack also then? That'll make the swap a little cheaper not having to convert everything over to be able to run hydroboost.

Ahhhh, I just saw your doing the manual brake conversion. You planning on running a manual rack also then? That'll make the swap a little cheaper not having to convert everything over to be able to run hydroboost.

I am already running a quick ratio flaming river rack and no ac so it shouldn't be bad at all i should not have any interference with the k member or the f150 accessories

i will also let you know about the scram pedal mount its a very solid construction and the same price as the J&M although im sure they will both get the job done with no issues.

And i cant wait for the control pack to show up pretty excited to start wiring it up. Are we able to remove the entire harness from the old motor? or are the headlights and horn wiring and other accessories ran inside that harness also.

IMG_2882.JPG
IMG_2883.JPG
Got around to painting my car came out decent. Its my first time painting i was not looking for a show quality paint job. Just something that looked good going down the road or 10 ft away. Ill get better pics up as soon as i finish the bumpers and passanger fender. The paint is olive drab from a company called GCI if anybody is interested.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I am already running a quick ratio flaming river rack and no ac so it shouldn't be bad at all i should not have any interference with the k member or the f150 accessories

i will also let you know about the scram pedal mount its a very solid construction and the same price as the J&M although im sure they will both get the job done with no issues.

And i cant wait for the control pack to show up pretty excited to start wiring it up. Are we able to remove the entire harness from the old motor? or are the headlights and horn wiring and other accessories ran inside that harness also.

Yep, you can remove the entire engine, controls harness, and ecu from the old pushrod motor. The engine harness and body harness are separate. You got lucky like me getting the new engine harness on the coyote, a lot of places remove that and sell it separately, or you have to order the ford harness.

The controls pack is pretty nice, every wire is individually labeled and everything is well documented. It looks like it would be really hard to screw it up. Plus it's nice having OEM quality components to hook everything up.

Yep, you can remove the entire engine, controls harness, and ecu from the old pushrod motor. The engine harness and body harness are separate. You got lucky like me getting the new engine harness on the coyote, a lot of places remove that and sell it separately, or you have to order the ford harness.

The controls pack is pretty nice, every wire is individually labeled and everything is well documented. It looks like it would be really hard to screw it up. Plus it's nice having OEM quality components to hook everything up.

Awesome thanks for the info and i have read good things about the control pack unfortunately now my project is set back due to the harness being on back order until April 20th.

Is that army drab green ?

Yes its olive drab from a company called gci real durable and great price heres a link if anyone is interested they have multiple different options. https://www.armyjeepparts.com/t-GCI_paint.aspx

Awesome thanks for the info and i have read good things about the control pack unfortunately now my project is set back due to the harness being on back order until April 20th.

Where did you order from? I see LMR is out of stock but there are a couple other places that still show them in stock currently.

Otherwise, in case you need any info/pics on it let me know. I won't be installing mine for some time.

Where did you order from? I see LMR is out of stock but there are a couple other places that still show them in stock currently.

Otherwise, in case you need any info/pics on it let me know. I won't be installing mine for some time.

i purchased from american muscle and also made a phone call to cjpony and lmr and got the same thing. But i dont mind waiting ill start on everything else. Just hope that it comes in sooner than the date expected.

Started to order lots and lots of parts new Wheels and toyo tires 18X10 front and rear aje k member, motor mounts, clutch, clutch fork, bellhousing, manifold studs,pilot bearing, ford racing throw out bearing,arp clutch bolts, maximum motorsports manual brakes, 03/04 cobra aluminum flywheel and the wife bought me a shifter from VMS. Flywheel needs a surface going to ship it to McLeod to refinish shifter is real nice anyone ever run one? its adjustable.Once the rest of the stuff shows up i will start assembling it all in the car. I will also post a detailed list with part numbers and prices for anyone interested in the future.
1111.JPG
IMG_2893.JPG
IMG_2894.JPG

Reactions: 2 users
Started to order lots and lots of parts new Wheels and toyo tires 18X10 front and rear aje k member, motor mounts, clutch, clutch fork, bellhousing, manifold studs,pilot bearing, ford racing throw out bearing,arp clutch bolts, maximum motorsports manual brakes, 03/04 cobra aluminum flywheel and the wife bought me a shifter from VMS. Flywheel needs a surface going to ship it to McLeod to refinish shifter is real nice anyone ever run one? its adjustable.Once the rest of the stuff shows up i will start assembling it all in the car. I will also post a detailed list with part numbers and prices for anyone interested in the future.
1111.JPG
IMG_2893.JPG
IMG_2894.JPG

I had forgotten what was going on here, saw those pieces and thought, "Wait... those are Fox pieces?". :scratch:

Thanks more arrived today motor mounts never dealt with AJE before but they seem to be very well built. The suspense of waiting for everything to show up is killing me. I just want this done so i can enjoy the car for late spring. Hopefully!!! For those wondering id say ive ordered about 85% of the parts i need and to date ive spent around $5375. I still need to order fuel line and some fittings possibly a crossmember and also possibly a oil filter relocation kit. The only thing i have not decided on what to do with is the gauges not sure if i want to go auto meter as i already have a Florida 5.0 housing and a speedometer. Or if i want to go with a Dakota digital. In the end i believe i will definitely be under $7000

IMG_2897.JPG