Engine Crack In 302 Block Where Distributor Sits

Tyler Hunter

Jan 15, 2014
i picked up a block fairly cheap that has a crack. It's a 302 from 98 explorer and apparently the guy cracked it trying to get the distributor out. I have it completely apart now and wondering can if it can be repaired?? I plan on making a 306 out of it and replacing my current motor that has 185k on it. Just trying to get some opinions. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2250.JPG
    IMG_2250.JPG
    372 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_2249.JPG
    IMG_2249.JPG
    316.1 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_2247.JPG
    IMG_2247.JPG
    316.8 KB · Views: 249
  • Sponsors (?)

I think I'd look for a better block, its not like its something super rare. I wouldn't want to invest a bunch into build that up to find out it was going to be a problem later on. Just how the heck did he manage to do that removing the distributor anyway?

I think I'd look for a better block, its not like its something super rare. I wouldn't want to invest a bunch into build that up to find out it was going to be a problem later on. Just how the heck did he manage to do that removing the distributor anyway?
I have no idea how he managed to split it but I got the complete engine cheap so I can't complain. Now just need to determine if I stick with a 302 build or go 351:thinking: