Resource Discussion Craigslist Links

Wasn't one of the Floridians looking for one?
Screenshot_20220526-233643.png
Screenshot_20220526-233650.png
Screenshot_20220526-233655.png
Screenshot_20220526-233659.png

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Opelika, Alabama. Asking $4000.

Seller's Description​

1978 Mustang Coupe Ford in-line 4 Manual 4 speed 76,000 miles New timing belts New gas tank New grounding wires Can be a daily driver or weekend cruise.

1653655447801.png

1653655466319.png

1653655480063.png

1653655539596.png

1653655504335.png

1653655512748.png

1653655523619.png

1653655558395.png

Beaufort, South Carolina, asking $5k.

Seller's Description​

Needs a new starter and battery and possibly a belt. Drove a few days ago after it was sitting so long the belt gave out. Drives great

1654258665166.png

1654258673829.png

( Get your damned hands out of the picture!! :mad: )

1654258707361.png

1654258722214.png

(Oh look, another set of screenshots.... :O_o: - mmmmm..... oranges.....)

1654258735619.png

1654258803478.png

1654258832192.png

They shared 2 pics of receipts with someone other than the seller's name on it, so I'm not going to copy/paste them here. I'll just say that screenshots don't necessarily give me confidence that it's a legitimate seller.... :nono:

Panama City, Florida, asking $9500.

Seller's Description​

V8 Matching numbers 302 motor. Rare factory color. Automatic. Has Ford Racing Roller Rockers. Also this car is a Real Cobra Mustang.

1654260036183.png

1654260070486.png

1654260081762.png

1654260101686.png

1654260120809.png

1654260131989.png

1654260151998.png

It might have been green in it's early life, the engine compartment pic shows a bit of green under the black. But I agree, it's probably NOT an original Cobra, and that's DEFINITELY NOT an original paint scheme or color combo. I'll admit, though, that the combo doesn't look too bad together. I think the LeMans stripes are too wide. If they were a little more narrow OR it had the small stripes along the sides of the larger ones it might look a little bit better to my eye.

I actually come across this ad posted on FB Marketplace, but I'm linking the dealer's site instead. They're saying it's a 76 Mach 1, asking $15k, in Maryville, Tennessee.

Here we have a 1976 Ford Mustang HatchBack Mach 1 for sale. This Mustang is a nice driver that would be a great addition to any Mustang Fans collection. Just over 9K Mach 1 Hatchback's were made in '76 making the rarest of the group. It's got a gorgeous color combo and is very nice on the inside. When you walk around it you will notice that the body is in nice condition with good fit of all the panels. It's been repainted in the White Paint that's accented by the Red Stripes. This Mustang has the painted bumpers front and rear that have the chrome trim accent. Up front the grill is very nice along with the emblems and headlight bezels. All the glass in this Mustang is also in nice condition with some slight signs of aging. To finish it off it's sitting on the factory style 14” 4 lug Wheels that really bring the whole look together.
Next, we will look at the interior of this Mustang. On the inside it's done in the red color combo that flows perfectly with the exterior. It features bucket seats up front and bench seat out back. It also has the console which house the four-speed manual shifter. Both door panels are very nice and have the standard crank windows. New carpet was installed, and it also has the red headliner. Looking at the dash we can see that it's in great shape for its age. All the gauges look to be factory and are in very nice condition. It also has the factory column and factory style steering wheel. Inside the rear hatch is in nice condition with and looks to have the factory carpeting that shows some age. New shocks were installed for the hatch.
Finally, we will get to the driveline of this Ford. Under the hood it's powered by the 2.8L V6 engine that has been detailed out in black. It has the painted valve covers and the chrome air cleaner. The inner fenders all look to be solid along with the firewall. This '76 comes set up with Power Brakes with rack and pinon steering. The V6 engine is mated to the four speed trans and the stock style rear end. When we look under this Mustang we can see that he frame and floors are all solid in show that the car has been very well cared for over the years. For exhaust it has new dual pipes installed along with new mufflers. Don't miss this great cruiser Mustang!
If we can help you in any way with questions or a specific picture, you can call our office at (865)988-8088. Or feel free to call Devvin at (865) 256 2366, or you can e-mail us at [email protected]

Engine​

Engine Size2.8 Liter V6

Body​

Body ColorWhite
Body StyleHatchback
Doors2

Basic​

Year1976
MakeFord
ModelMustang
Odometer Reading49,646

Interior​

Interior ColorRed
Center ConsoleYes

1654691568958.png

1654691590050.png

1654691621899.png

(That end cap is a little f'd up...)

1654691686723.png

1654691708536.png

1654691737788.png

1654691751767.png

1654691762906.png

(Doesn't need the Ghia badge on the dash either...)

1654691772836.png

1654691834085.png

(Plenty of paint overspray....)

(Continued in next post)

Lipstick on a pig to my eyes. Rusty seams. Looks like they did an Earl Scheid paint job top to bottom and are asking restored prices. I can see non painted surfaces on the bottom. Rotted weatherseals. Ghia badging and an a/c panel on a non ac car. Painted hood latch ect indicates lazyness. Why is there a plastic tray under the battery? Metal too rotted to keep it level without it? Door jambs look horrible.

I highly doubt this is a Mach I. I was under the impression Mach I's came pretty loaded. This car looks like it came with am radio looking at the door panels. No rear sway bar. The front looks like the smaller one. I think Mach I came with the competition suspension. No front spoiler. It should not have the rear spoiler. It's poorly installed but there. No hood scoop. The tail panel is body color and not black. Steering wheel should be the three spoke.

Very misleading and just screams run by the way they are presenting it.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Lipstick on a pig to my eyes. Rusty seams. Looks like they did an Earl Scheid paint job top to bottom and are asking restored prices. I can see non painted surfaces on the bottom. Rotted weatherseals. Ghia badging and an a/c panel on a non ac car. Painted hood latch ect indicates lazyness. Why is there a plastic tray under the battery? Metal too rotted to keep it level without it? Door jambs look horrible.

I highly doubt this is a Mach I. I was under the impression Mach I's came pretty loaded. This car looks like it came with am radio looking at the door panels. No rear sway bar. The front looks like the smaller one. I think Mach I came with the competition suspension. No front spoiler. It should not have the rear spoiler. It's poorly installed but there. No hood scoop. The tail panel is body color and not black. Steering wheel should be the three spoke.

Very misleading and just screams run by the way they are presenting it.
Going from the VIN, it is a Mach 1. But there are so many things that have been done to it that kind of ruin it for that price. On a positive note, it has solid floors by the looks of it.

Reactions: 1 users
It is a Mach I? Everything I think I know about these cars is subject to being wrong. I know you could order them however you pleased but I really thought most Mach I's came with a lot of options included. I read somewhere the competition suspension was the one sure fire way to tell.

Another time life proves I don't know :poo:. Good thing my wife doesn't read this.

Makes me wonder if the inner fender vin matches the dash and door though.

• Agree
Makes me wonder if the inner fender vin matches the dash and door though.

I wonder the same thing.

The thing is with how old our cars are now, what all was changed over the years? Who had their hands on it and where did it actually come from? It could've been a solid shell that someone swapped different things into. I mean we all know that the badging on the dash doesn't belong there, so that's no way to tell. And the AC panel in a non AC car is telling as to having things swapped out. I remember my Mach 1 had the longer "deluxe" arm rest and the lower part of the door panel had carpeting like this one does, but mine had marker lights in the lower rear corners of the door panels whereas this one does not. I think someone threw some different parts out of another car into it, probably to dress it up. :shrug:

Reactions: 2 users
I realize it's not indicative of all but my 78 Mach I is loaded. It's the only reason I went to Oklahoma to get it. It has the fat sway bar up front. Long arm rests. Carpeted door panels with the reflectors and speaker grills as well as the bar insignia vs the horse on this one. Dope light for the dome light. A/C. Rear Defrost. Console. Fat trim that goes over the wheel arches. Bumperettes.

This looks like it may be a decent car but not at that price and questionable lineage. I would have to check the "hidden vin." This car feels off to me.

They didn't even paint the bottom of the rockers. The red looks afu on the passenger side pic.

Doing some reading the competition suspension package was standard on Mach I. Mach I package was $300 more expensive vs a Ghia. They came loaded. This chassis is not a Mach I in my opinion.