Crank no start

rstearns28

Apr 1, 2021
Holley NY
I'm new to the group and I welcome any and all information related to my problem...1989 mustang gt vert suspected bad tfi module car ran good cold but as warmed up started running like crap breaking up under load (seemed to idle fine) I had a spare distributor with tfi already on so I just swapped the whole dizzy it fired up normal idled normal for like 6 seconds and it was like somebody turned the key off it just died. It's been 3 days I've swapped 2 different a9p, another different distributor, brand new tfi (motorcraft) tho I suspect ford is just reboxing Chinese made cheapy, swapped out eec relay, cap and rotor

• Sponsors (?)

89 gt suddenly died after i swapped dizzy for suspected bad tfi module now I can't get it to even cough it never skipped a beat before this happened. I've gone threw the crank but no start checklist and when I ground the dizzy and spin the gear by hand it'll spark a plug if I have a spark plug plugged in the coil wire and I hear only injector number 2 clicking..is this normal? Should all injectors click when doing this test?

On my way home ill test with gauge but the pump primes and I can get it to squirter from Schrader and when I tried to dump codes the cel wouldn't flash and the signal return wore broke out of the test port maybe it was the fuel pump jumper but I fixed it and wired the plug back up I can try codes again
Do you have fuel pressure ? Can you pull any codes ?

I hate to say it but jrichters or jrickters or jrichkters, sorry going off memory,, check lists are invaluable. They suck going through and take time but it's really amazing what he has put together.

I hate to say it but jrichters or jrickters or jrichkters, sorry going off memory,, check lists are invaluable. They suck going through and take time but it's really amazing what he has put together.
It's jrichker, man are you in trouble now!!!

Becoming a Ford tech in 30 minutes or less is not light reading. There is a lot to take in. I doubt we will find the service manuals to be written at an easier reading grade level. I bet you thought you were done studying.
:thinking::bang:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Becoming a Ford tech in 30 minutes or less is not light reading. There is a lot to take in. I doubt we will find the service manuals to be written at an easier reading grade level. I bet you thought you were done studying.
:thinking::bang:
Agreed and nope never done with these cars. The hard part is not jumping around the list because you think what it may be...