Crappy Stock Ground! Better Ground Spots?

91StangGT5.0

Oct 21, 2009
Anyone care to comment on this? He is basically saying the stock ground for the battery is weak since it's grounding to aluminum and not cast iron or steel. I know if I disconnect the little ground wire from my battery ground post it does like it too well...so my guess is that my stang is grabbing most of it's ground through the little cable rather than the 4 gauge ground cable! Also are there any other good grounding spots other than the motor mount? He doesn't elaborate as to how to mount the ground the motor mount bolt. I assume you just unbolt it and plug it in....but I could be wrong since that bolt holds the mount that holds the engine lol.

YouTube - Foxbody Battery Ground Cable.wmv

• Sponsors (?)

Aluminum is a far, far better conductor of electricity than steel. 6.2 times better to be precise. Your buddy is clearly not an electrical engineer or even bothered to pay attention in science class for that matter.

alumapp3.jpg

You didn't say what about your car didn't "like it too well". I would check all of the rest of the grounds like the one on the back of the driver's side cylinder head that goes to the firewall to see if it's corroded or missing. Ford built millions of cars with the ground attached to the timing chain cover and it wasn't an issue for them.