crate engines?

zombie

Founding Member
Jun 28, 1999
Albuquerque, NM
been out of this game for a while and got the itch again.

going to swap in a turboed 331 into my 65 fastback when it gets back from the body shop.

Asking for opinions on who makes the end all be all crate motor now. I want something dreadfully fast with the most reliability I can have (I know...).

Last stroker I did was from Coast and that was back when it was too new for there to me much of an opinion on who was the best.

All I know for sure at this point is that I don't trust anyone in Albuquerque to do it.

This is a street car and I would like to keep the budget for the motor (less turbo) around 10 - 12k

thanks for suggestions.

• Sponsors (?)

I would look at the CHP or DSS dart based shortblock/longblock. Both have the fans and haters but going on volume and what not, they do seem to be good deals/setups overall. I know I do not have anything bad to say about my DSS shortblock.

If I was to piece/have a short block assembled/shipped outside of those two but not local I would look at RNHperformance(?). Several guys have had nothing but good things to say and I am fairly sure the guy is on here.

IMHO with a stroker/boost go Dart or don't even go...