crazy way to accomplish simple task

5.0fresh

Jun 10, 2007
hey i figured id share with you my one of a kind oil change. well everything was goin fine untill i got to that f***ing filter. well i tryed yankin it for bout half hour and then i went on to the screwdriver trick. that ended up in a HUGE mess wit a dismember oil filter. haha. then i used a belt to wrap around the filter but it was so slippery it wasnt working. at this point i was pissed off so i grabbed anyhitng i saw and i grabbed kitchen and bath adhesive and gobbed it all over the filter and wrapped the belt tightly around it and now im am currently waiting for it to try and im going to try and yank the belt to turn the oil filter. by the way i started bout 2 hours ago!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

i could have but it just wouldnt have been that much fun. ANYWAY I GOT IT OFF!!!! haha. now i got a question for you guys, how the hell should i clean off all this oil that is EVERYWHERE.!!!

Gunk Engine Degreaser AFTER you put a new filter on. Spray it everywhere, walk away for 10 mins and then hose it off.

I do this after every oil change and the underside of my engine is spotless

If the oil is on the floor and or pavement, use oil eater.
If it's really really bad, use muratic acid, but be friggin careful, it can kill you, literally.

Was this your first ever oil change? Reminds me of a friend that did his first when he was 16 and it involved a screwdriver. And no it wasn't me, I think I was 15 yrs old when I started changing oil. The one thing I do is use a longer ratchet to remove the oil plug and a shorter one to put it back in. This keeps me from overtightening the oil plug.

Its not hard to shove a screw driver through the filter. I did it once. I change my mom's friends' oil as a side job and this one lady brought me her jetta. The damn filter was sooooo small my wrnch wouldn't fit around it and my belt couldn't fit, I took a 6inch screwdriver and pounded it clean through and twisted it off, not that hard lol

some have shoved screw drivers through the side (dont know how easy that is) and turned the oil filter off.

When I used to work at a lube shop in silverton a local town we had a drain bucket we put all the used filters on and we used a punch the kind with the handle on them and all we did was hold the filter in our hand and give it a few stabs to drain the internal oil out. Sometimes I would slip and stab my finger :rolleyes: You can always tell who made quality filters because some you would have to stab multiple times and some would go all the way through first shot. Mobil 1 and Mopar was very strong from what I remember.

Filter wrenches and those goofy looking pliars work Awesome but thats only if you can get to em :bs:

Try some year F250's, you can only get it from one direction(front driverside from the bottom) and there's no room to get any tools in there and if it's on tight you'll be putting up one good fight :notnice: