Creak/Squeek in right rear suspension?

tjm73

Founding Member
Aug 3, 2000
Rush, NY
When I go over small to medium size bumps in the road at slwo speeds (when I can actually hear it) their's a squeaky/creaky kinda noise coming from the passenger rear suspension. I can't tell if it's the shock of the spring or somethgin else. Anyone else experience this? If so, what was the cause?

• Sponsors (?)

Dammit! This problem is so common.
Go under the car near the rear tire. See where the e-brake hold down clamp is mounted to the bottom of the car. See the cable with all the wear on it? That's it! Remove the clamp, lube the line/tape it up, anything and re-install the clamp.

mrvax said:
Dammit! This problem is so common.
Go under the car near the rear tire. See where the e-brake hold down clamp is mounted to the bottom of the car. See the cable with all the wear on it? That's it! Remove the clamp, lube the line/tape it up, anything and re-install the clamp.

Dammit! I've never heard of it before and didn't know where to start looking for the cause so I asked! :rolleyes: I'm beign sarcastic, but seriously no need to get upset. Thank you for the information. I'll look into what you talked about. :flag: