Crotch Rocket People Are Insane!!

S/CBlack95GT

Apr 6, 2003
Tampa Palms, FL
I had a guy doing 100mph go by my radar today. I pulled onto the interstate and started to run him down. I got to around 100 mph and the guy just punches it. Mind you this is on a 6 lane interstate with a lot of traffic at 4:30PM. I got up to around 120mph and the bike pulled on me like I was sitting still. He had to be at 160mph plus in and out of traffic. I topped a hill and when looked 1 mile down the road he was no where in sight. I have no doubt he had to reach 180 mph. Those crazy sons of bitches have a death wish is all I can say.

• Sponsors (?)

sounds like a total dumbass to me. I know a guy who wrecked a hayabusa goin 110 (barely gettin started for that bike), and he barely walks now. He has metal rods basically all through his body, he's lucky he didn't get paralyzed.

Add to that the dumbass idea to run from the cops. You could either take your 100mph ticket (big ticket, but its not the end of the world), or you can run from the police with about a 2% chance of getting away, and either wreck or get arrested.

Sorry for the rant, I know a lot of guys who have Gixxers and such, and most of them are total idiots. No offense to guys who have bikes on here, I'm sure not every bike owner is the same.

95riosnake said:
sounds like a total dumbass to me. I know a guy who wrecked a hayabusa goin 110 (barely gettin started for that bike), and he barely walks now. He has metal rods basically all through his body, he's lucky he didn't get paralyzed.

Add to that the dumbass idea to run from the cops. You could either take your 100mph ticket (big ticket, but its not the end of the world), or you can run from the police with about a 2% chance of getting away, and either wreck or get arrested.

Sorry for the rant, I know a lot of guys who have Gixxers and such, and most of them are total idiots. No offense to guys who have bikes on here, I'm sure not every bike owner is the same.

I totally agree. Most crotch rocket owners are seriously mentally handicapped. I didnt even have my lights on. This guy just knew I was coming after him so he put the hammer down. I have never seen anything so reckless on the road in my life, it was like a movie. I mean my stang will do 170+mph, but I sure as hell wont take it there.

wytstang said:
You should these these A-holes in Miami, on day I fear I may end up clipping one and killing them. They dip in and out of traffic making it impossible to see them while changing lanes cause they sneek in.

Well every now and then we have to scoop their body parts off the roadway. One guy rearended a semi at 100 mph plus a couple months ago. Needless to say he wasnt in one piece after impact.

Call in a Helicopter next time maybe?

My friends last roommate was cruisin' 120 on the highway at around 3:00 in the morning, and picked up a patrol car. They backed off, and called in a chopper. He punched it and outran the chopper 170-180 ish. Shut it down in a neighborhood and got away.

The guys who don't care are crazy.

:nonono:

Henceforward said:
Call in a Helicopter next time maybe?

My friends last roommate was cruisin' 120 on the highway at around 3:00 in the morning, and picked up a patrol car. They backed off, and called in a chopper. He punched it and outran the chopper 170-180 ish. Shut it down in a neighborhood and got away.

The guys who don't care are crazy.

:nonono:

Bikes run all the time. They wont bring in the chopper unless the guy just killed somebody.

Zero Signal said:
Is it true in some places you aren't allowed to chase a bike? I heard that about the Tucson PD but I didn't know if it was true.

We cant "chase" anyone unless they are wanted for a serious felony. And remember chasing means you are behind them with your lights and siren on and they wont stop. It if perfectly legal for us to run 130mph in order to catch up with them. Once we put on our lights and they refuse to stop then we can't pursue from there.

S/CBlack95GT said:
We cant "chase" anyone unless they are wanted for a serious felony. And remember chasing means you are behind them with your lights and siren on and they wont stop. It if perfectly legal for us to run 130mph in order to catch up with them. Once we put on our lights and they refuse to stop then we can't pursue from there.

If that's the case, then why doesn't everyone run Shaun? I mean I know its dumb, but based on what you said it seems that more people would do it.

Killercanary said:
If that's the case, then why doesn't everyone run Shaun? I mean I know its dumb, but based on what you said it seems that more people would do it.

Because usually we catch up to them and get a tag number before they take off. Then the next day they go to jail for felony eluding. With a bike though we cant catch up to them in time to get a tag number.

Also, most people dont have a legitimate reason to run. They just accept it and stop. Every now and then people will run in their car if they have a warrant or have drugs, etc. Like the title says though, crotch rocket people are insane. They will run just for the fun of running. I have coworkers that have pulled up next to bikes at stop lights with no intention of stopping them. Suddenly the bike will just take off flying hoping the cop will give chase.

So if guys come up with some way to alter their tag or have a way to flip it. Theres not much you can do then. Cause its a fake plate and once you hit your lights and he runs, you can't chase him. That sounds like some bull**** that you can't chase him. Cause he's obviously trying to elude you.

Jeremy

DARK-5.0 said:
So if guys come up with some way to alter their tag or have a way to flip it. Theres not much you can do then. Cause its a fake plate and once you hit your lights and he runs, you can't chase him. That sounds like some bull**** that you can't chase him. Cause he's obviously trying to elude you.

Jeremy

Exactly. Right now running isn't a big problem. If it becomes more popular though the old ways will return. The old ways are....you run, we spin your ass out.

i cant imagine doing 180 on four wheels let alone 2 i dont have the cajones for it. i cant imagine a crotch rocket taking off from a stoplight beside a cop hoping they will chase em, they must smoke a big old bowl of crack for breakfast. busa's with 300 hp stock is ridiculous on a 500 lb bike, it shouldnt be legal, its just asking for stupid people to act even stupider. just my opinion, i will stick with 4 wheels and keep all of my limbs and my life.

silverstangman said:
i cant imagine doing 180 on four wheels let alone 2 i dont have the cajones for it. i cant imagine a crotch rocket taking off from a stoplight beside a cop hoping they will chase em, they must smoke a big old bowl of crack for breakfast. busa's with 300 hp stock is ridiculous on a 500 lb bike, it shouldnt be legal, its just asking for stupid people to act even stupider. just my opinion, i will stick with 4 wheels and keep all of my limbs and my life.

A busa does not have 300hp stock. They have around 180 flywheel.

FWIW, a lot of crotch rocket guys are tools. But there are JUST AS MANY IDIOT cruiser guys too! (And mustang guys too. Remember the video of the stang getting spun out 3 times and he kept going?) At least the crotch rocket guys wear gear. I NEVER see a guy on a harley wearing anything more than a half helmet, and even that's rare. I will NEVER run from a cop. If I get caught doing something stupid, that's my fault, and I deserve to pay the consequences.

Reactions: 1 user
CManT1914 said:
A busa does not have 300hp stock. They have around 180 flywheel.

FWIW, a lot of crotch rocket guys are tools. But there are JUST AS MANY IDIOT cruiser guys too! (And mustang guys too. Remember the video of the stang getting spun out 3 times and he kept going?) At least the crotch rocket guys wear gear. I NEVER see a guy on a harley wearing anything more than a half helmet, and even that's rare. I will NEVER run from a cop. If I get caught doing something stupid, that's my fault, and I deserve to pay the consequences.

I've seen a lot of crotch rocket guys doing a lot of STUPID ***** on the freeway with nothing but a helmet on. Sure their head will be fine...but all the other parts of their body will leave skin on the cement.:nonono:

And since we are on topic, i always thought it was funny how we make it legal to produce cars like the new Z06, or cobra, or any other high powered car, yet the fastest speed limit in the country is what 80mph maybe? Whats the point of putting a limiter on at 140-150mph? Why not lower? To me its just begging for people to run from the police.

But maybe i should shut up, cause i could be driving a car that does 0-60 in 15 seconds :rlaugh: