Crotch Rocket People Are Insane!!

I notice a lot of those guys (kids) are straight out of highschool and seem to be out to impress people. I'm awlays catching them riding wheelies and doing their retarded tricks whenever other people are around to watch them. I always told myself I won't stop to help if they wipe out doing something like that.

• Sponsors (?)

Im an EX Crotch Rocket rider. Ill tell you one thing there are a lot of dumb****s with bikes, but there are the ones that dont do wheelies on the highway. Im not saying that I have never sped on it but never over 90 for more then a moment (Ussually when passing). Also, a lot of harley owners are dicks. They will pass Rockets on the shoulder and cut them off out of nowhere, both have happened to me. As for riding gear 98% of the time I was riding I wore a Polo Shirt and Kaki shorts, riding suits are way to expensive when all your cash goes to the stang.

I've been all over the USA on bikes and even used to make my living fixing them back in the day.

I've always heard a saying that applies to this thread and maybe Shaun will be amused by it!

There are old motorcycle riders

and

There are foolish motorcycle riders

but

There are no old, foolish motorcycle riders

Grady

nmcgrawj said:
I've seen a lot of crotch rocket guys doing a lot of STUPID ***** on the freeway with nothing but a helmet on. Sure their head will be fine...but all the other parts of their body will leave skin on the cement.:nonono:

90% of the crotch rocket guys around here wear helmets and jackets. I think most of them are G.I.'s because the base requires them to wear them to get on post (I think).

mustangjoe87 said:
As for riding gear 98% of the time I was riding I wore a Polo Shirt and Kaki shorts, riding suits are way to expensive when all your cash goes to the stang.

I don't think you gotta wear a full Rossi style getup everytime you ride. But at LEAST wear a helmet, preferably a jacket and some gloves too. Come on, a helmet is cheap, I bought mine for $45 in january, my jacket was $70, and my gloves were $30. Total cost = $145 vs. having to have skin grafts and brain surgery, I think I'll spend a little money on some gear.

final5-0 said:
I've been all over the USA on bikes and even used to make my living fixing them back in the day.

I've always heard a saying that applies to this thread and maybe Shaun will be amused by it!

There are old motorcycle riders

and

There are foolish motorcycle riders

but

There are no old, foolish motorcycle riders

Grady

:rlaugh: :lol: LMAO!! That's a good one Grady, I'll have to remember that. :D

CManT1914 said:
I don't think you gotta wear a full Rossi style getup everytime you ride. But at LEAST wear a helmet, preferably a jacket and some gloves too. Come on, a helmet is cheap, I bought mine for $45 in january, my jacket was $70, and my gloves were $30. Total cost = $145 vs. having to have skin grafts and brain surgery, I think I'll spend a little money on some gear.

I always wear a helmet

Hmm, I haven't ridden my ZX10R in a month, having battery issues. This is a good reminder to get out an ride. Not a Busa, so I always ride slow.

True fact. Wife is out of town, would have take the bike to dinner but I have to put on all that stuff.... Took Bullitt.

I just sold my '02 GSX-R 1000. It just wasn't getting ridden, and cell-phone focused drivers were scaring the crap out of me on an increasingly more frequent basis. I miss it sometimes. You know when you put your turn signal on, and some fool behind you speeds up to prevent you from getting over? There is NO car I've EVER come across that could prevent that motorcycle from merging. NONE. It was like owning my very own personal rocketship.

I went by a fenced yard once, with a barking dog in it. The dog startled me, charging at the bike (still inside his fence) and I saw this in my peripheral vision- it startled me and I flinched a bit, jerking the throttle. The motorcycle accelerated so hard it felt like I got hit with a baseball bat across the forearms. I somehow maintained control, and pulled over until my heart rate returned to normal. That bike was indeed a violent beast, and just think- it was OLD. The new bikes are much faster.

The dynamics and stereotypes even amongst fellow motorcyclists are hilarious (and more often true then not!) I used to shake my head in disgust at the 20'something kids, wheelie-ing crotch rockets on main roads, wearing a helmet, but also a tank top, shorts, and sneakers. They also fire through traffic, startling people as they lane-split at 3-times the speed. It doesn't paint motorcycle riders in a good light. Neither do the cruiser guys, who have somehow figured out how to have exhaust that seems louder than straight pipes would be?! They either are revving the piss out of them accelerating (yet when you look, they're still going slow!) OR, they've gotta blip their throttles every 2 seconds in traffic, but also have their stereos blasting something they're too old to be listening to, while smoking a cig with their little beanie helmet on. The BMW riders usually ride in an abnormally upright position, fully decked out in hi-viz motorcycle gear from head to toe. My new favorite development is the hipsters, on the new triumphs designed to look old..

To each their own.. I'm sure I made many a person laugh at me- pasty white mid-forties IT guy riding a crotch rocket. I always do this- I sell the bike, say "I'm done".. then fall in love with a new one. I'm hoping I'll be satisfied with delicious sounding mustang GT V8 goodness, and not look to scratch the itch for a while. (While I try to grow my hipster beard, and eye the new triumphs in the cycle shop window!) :)

Reactions: 1 user
I just sold my '02 GSX-R 1000. It just wasn't getting ridden, and cell-phone focused drivers were scaring the crap out of me on an increasingly more frequent basis. I miss it sometimes. You know when you put your turn signal on, and some fool behind you speeds up to prevent you from getting over? There is NO car I've EVER come across that could prevent that motorcycle from merging. NONE. It was like owning my very own personal rocketship.

I went by a fenced yard once, with a barking dog in it. The dog startled me, charging at the bike (still inside his fence) and I saw this in my peripheral vision- it startled me and I flinched a bit, jerking the throttle. The motorcycle accelerated so hard it felt like I got hit with a baseball bat across the forearms. I somehow maintained control, and pulled over until my heart rate returned to normal. That bike was indeed a violent beast, and just think- it was OLD. The new bikes are much faster.

The dynamics and stereotypes even amongst fellow motorcyclists are hilarious (and more often true then not!) I used to shake my head in disgust at the 20'something kids, wheelie-ing crotch rockets on main roads, wearing a helmet, but also a tank top, shorts, and sneakers. They also fire through traffic, startling people as they lane-split at 3-times the speed. It doesn't paint motorcycle riders in a good light. Neither do the cruiser guys, who have somehow figured out how to have exhaust that seems louder than straight pipes would be?! They either are revving the piss out of them accelerating (yet when you look, they're still going slow!) OR, they've gotta blip their throttles every 2 seconds in traffic, but also have their stereos blasting something they're too old to be listening to, while smoking a cig with their little beanie helmet on. The BMW riders usually ride in an abnormally upright position, fully decked out in hi-viz motorcycle gear from head to toe. My new favorite development is the hipsters, on the new triumphs designed to look old..

To each their own.. I'm sure I made many a person laugh at me- pasty white mid-forties IT guy riding a crotch rocket. I always do this- I sell the bike, say "I'm done".. then fall in love with a new one. I'm hoping I'll be satisfied with delicious sounding mustang GT V8 goodness, and not look to scratch the itch for a while. (While I try to grow my hipster beard, and eye the new triumphs in the cycle shop window!) :)

HAHAHA The stereotypes are so true. Sometimes I'm not sure to laugh or cry about them. The hipster development is nothing new, I think there was even a cafe racer show on velocity. If I bought a motorcycle I guess that would be my biker stereotype. I've managed to stay away from motorcycles for the last 20 years of being a licensed motorist and I think I'll keep it that way. All of my Army buddies bought something when we returned from last deployment and still try to get me on one. I tell them it wouldnt be authentic. I'm not a hipster, or bro, or an outlaw mc wannabe. I would feel too much like a poser. I'll stick with my mustang. Oh and the last time I did ride, 2006ish?, I dumped my old man's Road King, so there's that too.

Gotta love diggin up old thread, but I'll play. I had an '01 GSXR1000, and did the 186 mph dance a few times (empty IA back road). The bikes are so stable, all you have to do is hunch over the tank so the wind doesnt rip you off. Of course its dangerous, and dumb if other motorists are around. But those that do it on an isolated empty road are thrill seekers who would only be hurting themselves. Now a days I have a wife and three kids, so it just doesnt make sense. I dont judge the folks who do it the "right" way, because that used to be me. The lane splitters and 6 lane freeway guys are inconsiderate idiots though.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users