Cup holder center console

• Sponsors (?)

1998 was the last year the made the completely black consoles, and they have cupholders. after that, the consoles are charcoal black.

i just ordered one of the cup holders from a 1998 for my car from Prestige Mustang Parts - Your #1 source for used antique and late model Mustang parts., $77 shipped.

i'm so sick of not having a cupholder, i'm gonna do the cupholder mod if it (or my wife) kills me.

they also have whole consoles with cupholders from 1998s for $200.

hey not to turn this into a sales thread but if that deal falls through i could take it off ur hands Jon! keep me posted

as Chris said above Prestige has them, theyre $200 i actually had them send pics. wwaiting to hear back from them inregards to whether it was scratches or dust in the pictures they sent, but i too am looking to do the cup holder as well ASAP! esp since the ash tray is just a coin holder at this point and my tabs to hold my shifter bezel are broken :(

just finished the cupholder mod. it is easy to do and only took an hour or so, even with taking my time and making sure i didn't cut more than i needed to. i did go through 6 of the dremel attachments that i used though. this is definately a task where protective eyewear is a must.

i am always eating on the go. now i can drive through mcdonalds and have somewhere to put my drink. :nice:

or have a convenient place to stash my wallet and cell phone.

or both. :cheers:

one of my favorite interior mods to the 94 was the 01-04 center console. picked mine up (two, actually) at a junkyard for $50, cleaned it up well and painted it black and it turned out awesome. even the e-brake boot help up! had to do some rewiring to get the fog light switch and lighter plug where i wanted it, but not hard at all. definitely worth the time/effort!

DSCN0604.jpg

one of my favorite interior mods to the 94 was the 01-04 center console. picked mine up (two, actually) at a junkyard for $50, cleaned it up well and painted it black and it turned out awesome. even the e-brake boot help up! had to do some rewiring to get the fog light switch and lighter plug where i wanted it, but not hard at all. definitely worth the time/effort!

DSCN0604.jpg

I found my next mod. My center console needs to be replaced anyway.

I did this when I first got my '95. The car I had before my '95 was an '01 V6 and I had to have the cup holders. If you have a 'vert, you're gonna ned a dremel for the extra switch.
PICT0137.jpg

EDIT:
Everyone's forgot to mention that you have to modify the harness to change from the smal cigarette lighter in the ashtray to the 12V outlet in the '01+ console. It's a nice feature to have.