• s/c

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • turbo

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

I'd say a supercharger is the practical and most convenient way to go about it. Good power and driveability, and fairly easy to install, and you can still get very good mileage.

Turbo charged cars are awesome, when they work as they should...

However not much beats a strong, high rev n/a set up - unfortunately they tend to be rather thirsty and somewhat temperamental if you want massive power..

So, since I have a KB the supercharger alternative gets my vote :nice:

I can almost say I have a supercharged mustang, but not quite yet:

IMG_0389.jpg

When the bottle isnt on what ya drivin?
What ever is left is what Im asking about.

When you are in vacuum, and not boosting, what are you driving?

Please dont respond with "well ill just put the pedal down, DUH!" Because ill just come back with "Then ill just flip a switch, DUH!"

Taken from Musclecarclub.com - Library - Tech - Forced Induction

"Forced Induction" is the process of using a mechanical system to "force" more air into an engine. This includes Superchargers, Turbochargers, Nitrious systems, and other mechanical systems, but not hood scoops which just direct outside air into the engine. Both Superchargers and Turbos use a compressor to "force" air into the engine, making it more dense (i.e. more oxygen). When a proportionately larger amount of fuel is added to the denser air charge, the mixture creates a much larger explosion and thus more power from the engine. Nitrous Oxide Systems ("NOS") works by directly injecting Nitrous Oxide (NO2) into the engine. The higher concentration of oxygen found in NO2 (compared to air) and more fuel leads to the same effect as Superchargers and Turbos. Although the basic concepts are similar, each differs in their design and execution.

ok here is the bottom line - I dont f***ing care about nitrous. If I did I would have put it in the poll. More or less interested in the turbo vs s/c debate and who might be running what.
Oh wait sec...no nevermind. I still dont care about nitrous with respect to this poll.
If I did, then I would have had to include people who have nitrous and are s/c'd or turbo'd.
Same reason I didnt include the question who is running a jet car.

wait ...no...thought for another second. still not interested.

Thanks to those who have voted. There are clearly more people not running some form of impeller driven boost and there are more people running belt driven boost than exhaust powered impellers. This causes me to conclude that I might rather run a turbo than a s/c merely because it a little different than most.

nope just continuing to argue on the internet would make anyone involved a retard. So yes I guess if I were to keep going with it I would be so I will no longer belabor the nitrous debate..OH..and theres nothing wrong with being retarded. Can be a case of blissful ignorance. Sometimes they get to wear cool protective headgear all day long. Never really have to work. Walmart door greeters are nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.