Custom CAI

StangClear

Founding Member
May 21, 2002
Elkton, MD
Well, I did the same thing on my 00 GT so I thought I would try it on the 03. What a difference! Better throttle response etc. and after a 200 mile drive the intake tube was cool. I am pleased with the results. I made a aluminum bracket to attach the MAF to the engine so the whole system would move. Then I fabricated the shield with aluminum flashing etc. Anyway go to the attached link to view. The site isn't the best, but I am working on it.

http://home.comcast.net/~stangclear/Mustang.html

:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

It's drawing most of the air from the fender well opening. Plus the aluminum reflects the heat of the engine. Being an engineer, my friend and I did a smoke test of of the filter a few years back. And it drawes in a clockwise rotation around the filter. I know that other CAI's use a boxy type enclosure, but we felt that was braking up the air circulation, therefore the round type enclosure. I noticed when it was mounted in the fender I would feel a hesitation when shifting at full throttle, like it was starving for air, now that's gone and it maintains RPM's. Also, the painted pony you see I did myself, couldn't see spending $80.00 for one so I figured I'll try it myself and if I screwed up, I would buy one. :nice: