Custom Intake Manifold

I'm considering to build my own custom intake manifod.
I would appreciate if you can give me sugestions, pics or ideas with the design and materials.

Also, I need your oppinion about this job, could it be possible?
I think that here I can find a good machinist to do the job for a reasonable price.

I want to keep my engine stock, or with few bot-on simple mods.

• Sponsors (?)

Are you considering building one to aid low end/mid range torque like those used with a N/A set up, or are you looking for one to match a good forced induction set up? Street or track application? Drag racing, or Oval track. Unfortunatley, there's not a one size fits all design out there.

Be prepared to spend some big money on fabrication and a lot of time on design. This might not be a project you'll want to tackle when all is said and done.

My intention is to build an intake stronger than the original.
The engine is totally stock, I used the car on street, but my Stang isn't a daily driver (sometimes I go to drag races).
My "all-plastic" manifold is broken and a standard new costs u$s200+freigth+taxes+insurance = 450 here...

Hand working here, insn't so expensive and I think that I can find a good machinist for the work.

So, for u$s400, I think that here I can build a new one better than stock... or not?

A custom aluminium manifold for a popular 4 cilinder engine here (Fiat Uno) is 300 argentine peso (u$s100 aprox).

Thanks in advance for your answer

no way you will get one done for $400 IMO. I think you are dreaming if you think you can build a one off prototype intake and nail the power curve on the first attempt.

if you did get it done for $400 (which I see no way to) I think you would loose power unless you designed it so you could play with the runner lenght and volume.

hognutz said:
no way you will get one done for $400 IMO. I think you are dreaming if you think you can build a one off prototype intake and nail the power curve on the first attempt.

if you did get it done for $400 (which I see no way to) I think you would loose power unless you designed it so you could play with the runner lenght and volume.

+1

CanadaStang said:
Good luck :nice:

x2 :nice: