D&D K member install....steering shaft?

Kid wita 5oh

I'm definitely not in the original hole
Founding Member
Nov 5, 2000
Saugus, MA
i picked up a used D&D motorsports tubular Kmember and bolted it up tonight.

but my steering shaft wasnt long enough...i had to unbolt it right where it comes out of the fire wall to allow it to slide on to the rack all the way...

anyone run into this? what should i do?:shrug:

thanks
~Tim

• Sponsors (?)

Yes mine was the same way, sometimes you can pull on the shaft from the firewall and it may come out a bit, if not the other choice is another shaft or like I did was cut mine and put both ends inside a sleeve tacked it took it off and welded it.
I don`t have that k-member on my car anymore.

IDK if this will help you since I dont have that K-member or know anything about it. The part of the steering column that comes out from the firewall is collapsible, you might have pushed it in during your swap. I did a rack swap and this happened to me, I was tapping a piece into the column for my solid shaft and it collapsed, I thought I "crushed" the steering column and ruined it. The solid shaft instructions (I should've read first) said it can happen, and you simply pull it back out.

IDK if this will help you since I dont have that K-member or know anything about it. The part of the steering column that comes out from the firewall is collapsible, you might have pushed it in during your swap. I did a rack swap and this happened to me, I was tapping a piece into the column for my solid shaft and it collapsed, I thought I "crushed" the steering column and ruined it. The solid shaft instructions (I should've read first) said it can happen, and you simply pull it back out.

i pulled pretty hard and it wouldnt come out any...i'll try it again

thanks