D&D Motorsports rear coilover kit.....

cevtv

Founding Member
Sep 15, 2002
Massachusetts
Anyone have any opinions on the D&D Motorsports rear coilover kit? Thanks!

45ea6022e190e9ebca16b85e9afcd8cf.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, the springs are way too long.

I mean, no, not really. Did talk to one guy over in Japan who had 'em and couldn't get the car to sit right though, higher than stock when all the way down and handled like crap. Coulda been a fluke though :shrug:

Dunno, you'll have to ask him- that's all he had. :shrug:
The pic you posted does look a bit different than the one I've seen advertised though, I think... hard to say. I've had my coilovers so long now I don't really look at them in mags anymore.

The D&D kit looks just like the Granatelli kit, although the pic stangbear put on looks different. I have the Granatelli front kit, I think they are great, but with D&D you can choose your spring rate while with Granatelli it's either Drag or Roadrace. I think the springs that came with my front kit are too firm and short, I have heard they are 12" at 175lbs/in and I am going to change out for some 14" at >130lbs/in sooner than later.

CEVTV, i dont know if you remember me , my name is kyle i was talking to you at the first neboc meet at a&w this year, i have the white hatch w/draglites. i currently have pro3i weigh jacker lca and i am also looking at the d&d coilovers or the X2C coil overs. Let me know if you pick them up and how hard the install is, im gonna have rear coilovers before next spring. Also has anyone used the X2C kit? Later

90LX306 said:
CEVTV, i dont know if you remember me , my name is kyle i was talking to you at the first neboc meet at a&w this year, i have the white hatch w/draglites. i currently have pro3i weigh jacker lca and i am also looking at the d&d coilovers or the X2C coil overs. Let me know if you pick them up and how hard the install is, im gonna have rear coilovers before next spring. Also has anyone used the X2C kit? Later

Hey Kyle! I remember you - love your car! :D I saw it up at FFW in Epping, but I didn't see you anywhere..........

Anyway, I'll keep in touch about the coil overs.....but I most likely won't be doing anything until after winter.

Thanks to everyone for the info...... :nice:

Yea man i was up at FFW, somewhat dissapointed cuz i didnt get to run it, but the ol t-5 hasnt got much left in it lol. im getting some wheel hop with the jacking controll arms i have not so i want to switch to coil overs instead of a generic way to fix ride height (i also need room to fit 275's under the car w/the turbo coupe rear. I didnt see ur car again this year after that meet, i was kinda outta the scene this year towards the end, i buil an eagle talon, i just sold it because after the money was in it, it was still too slow lol. im hoping for my car to be procharged by the spring. keep in touch man, it was nice talkin to you that day. later

I know I'm resurrecting a way old post but I have a kit like the one on the picture, which I'm thinking of putting on my thunderbird. I was just noticing that the kit in the pic is installed wrong according to the instructions. The reason I noticed is because I have mustang shocks that are about 3" shorter than stock shocks for an 88 'bird and figured if this kit WAS intended to be used as seen above it would make up for the fact that my shocks are too short. But the instructions seem to say that (according to the way my kit was assembled out of the box, using the 5/16" spacer as reference) your shock mount is upside down. It should be flipped and the safety sleeve should run all the way through it to the bolt on the BOTTOM, not bolt at the top, as it is in the above pic...

Hahaha! Yeah, I didn't think of the relevance part but ya know, whatcha gonna do...

Anyway, I'd be curious how that setup worked for him in that fashion. I'm thinking of still doing this on my Thunderbird, but making a new lower shock mount that is twice as tall so the safety sleeve is still encased (on each side anyway).

i'm trying to decide which way to go on mine.......

i really want the MM coil overs with Bilsteins....but damn that's some money...

I also like the qa1 stuff.......

but realistically.....what is decent and affordable?
What did you end up going with? On my weekend driver no track car I definitely want to go with coilovers on the front and I know the mm are pricey because of having to go with either Bilstein or koni shocks struts I meant. So that's why I seeing a guy's car on Facebook last night he said he had the D&D coilovers SO waiting for him to respond on the quality and now he likes them.