D&D Performance Transmission

MrKwik

Founding Member
Jan 29, 2000
Kansas City, Kansas
Anybody bought a transmission from these guys. I need to order a new T5 and they seem to have decent pricing. Just curious if anybody had anything to say about dealings with them good or bad. For anybody that has bought a new T5, who did you buy from/would you recomend and what did you spend. I was also thinking about going with the 2.95 trans because its supposed to be stronger but I'm worried about my gearing. I have a 3.73 and I dont really want to change to a 4.10 but one of the circle track guys here at work said that the close ratio trans will make my 3.73 feel more like a 3.42. Any thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

I bought one of their 2.95 T5s a year and a half ago. I don't have any complaints about the trans or the company. The service was polite and the shipping was prompt. I still haven't gotten rear gears, but the actual ideal for the ratios in that trans is supposed to be 3.55s, at least according to an article in MMFF a while back. 3.73s will also work, but aren't quite as ideal I guess. First gear is the only one where you will actaully be able to notice a difference between the 3.35 and 2.95, and the only reason I notice is, as I said, my stock 3.08s in the rear.

I bought a TKO from them about a 3 months ago, and they were extremely helpful. Anytime I had a quick question I could always pick up the phone and ask.

I have nothing but good things to say, but I'll bet every company has good and bad stories about it.

-Russ-

I went ahead and ordered the 2.95 Trans. Im still a little worried that I will loose some of that down low grunt gained by the 3.73 gears but we will see. With the transmission, clutch and aluminum driveshaft, it took a $1500 bite out of the blower money I've been pigeon holing which kinda sucks. Those guys over at D&D are pretty cool though. They put up with alot of stupid questions.